H-pipe Fitment ?

teenv6

Established Member
Quick question for you svt guys. From my understanding, a mid pipe will fit any mustang whether it be a cobra, or a GT, from 96-04. If this is true, then why would MAC have different part numbers for the 96-98 cobra, and 99-04 GTs/Cobra? I'm only asking, because I'm interested in getting a H-pipe off of a 98 cobra, and I have a 01 GT, and I don't want to purchase it, if it doesn't fit, correctly. Thanks

mystic1219

Established Member
I put a stocker off of a 97 GT on my 96 cobra (just to pass smog) and it went on fine, but the hangers (rubber eyelets that the pipe hangs from) are in a diffrent place, and the crossmember sat diffrent making it hang about 1/2 inch lower. I kept it on for over a year and it fit fine, just didnt hang from the same spot. you could easily move the brakcets, or just let it be as I did. They are all diffrent though, so it is easiest to just get what fits. You looking for a catted or OR H? If you are saving alot on a catted one it might be worth a shot, but you can get a new OR Cheap!

teenv6

Established Member
mystic1219 said:
I put a stocker off of a 97 GT on my 96 cobra (just to pass smog) and it went on fine, but the hangers (rubber eyelets that the pipe hangs from) are in a diffrent place, and the crossmember sat diffrent making it hang about 1/2 inch lower. I kept it on for over a year and it fit fine, just didnt hang from the same spot. you could easily move the brakcets, or just let it be as I did. They are all diffrent though, so it is easiest to just get what fits. You looking for a catted or OR H? If you are saving alot on a catted one it might be worth a shot, but you can get a new OR Cheap!

Thanks, my greatest fear is getting it, and it not fitting right, and consequently having a bad exhaust leak. :bash: decisions decisions

Users who are viewing this thread