H/C/N20 t/a, nova, supra vs me

QuikGT

Banned
Well finally got my car out and took it to the track over the weekend hoping to advance my best time and maybe get in the high 7s with the addition of drs, pi bullit intake manifold, and full length subframe connectors, ...Lined up next to my buddy brian in his H/C/ n2o 98 ws6 t/a. I caught the light perfect but still wasnt near strong enough for him and ran an 8.12 to his 7.64! The next run was against a strong sounding nova (guy talking sh#t of course) but to my surprise i smoked him and ran an all time best of 8.02 to his 8.60.....Very pleased w the time i ran. And the last run was against a supra that had smoked me in races past when i was closer to stock...Car felt very strong on this run (at first anyway) and had about a car on him til i hit 3rd gear and the top end fell out.....it felt like there was nothing there anymore a complete dead spot close to 5600rpm to redline and ran real rough :mj: .....so i aborted...and finished the night w/ an 8.88 to his 8.11...Car goes back to shop today for diagnostics :cuss: ... Any ideas of what couldve went wrong?

Last edited:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
are we talkin 1/8 mile, cause if not i have no idea what could be wrong with a car that has well over 600 HP and all kinds of mods on the car so that it runs a 8 sec 1/4!!!

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
QuikGT said:
Well finally got my car out and took it to the track over the weekend hoping to advance my best time and maybe get in the high 7s with the addition of drs, pi bullit intake manifold, and full length subframe connectors, ...Lined up next to my buddy brian in his H/C/ n2o 98 ws6 t/a. I caught the light perfect but still wasnt near strong enough for him and ran an 8.12 to his 7.64! The next run was against a strong sounding nova (guy talking sh#t of course) but to my surprise i smoked him and ran an all time best of 8.02 to his 8.60.....Very pleased w the time i ran. And the last run was against a supra that had smoked me in races past when i was closer to stock...Car felt very strong on this run (at first anyway) and had about a car on him til i hit 3rd gear and the top end fell out.....it felt like there was nothing there anymore a complete dead spot close to 5600rpm to redline and ran real rough :mj: .....so i aborted...and finished the night w/ an 8.88 to his 8.11...Car goes back to shop today for diagnostics :cuss: ... Any ideas of what couldve went wrong?

If you're running full exhaust and a modified intake on the STOCK tuning, the tune is probably causing your problems. Get a custom dyno tune and it'll fix the dead spot in the powerband.

QuikGT

Banned
i think its only a 75 shot....and he didnt get off the line very well...but that was his best run ever too...first time to use the nitrous he said ...i dont think he drives very well either.

RealQuick

Established Member
QuikGT said:
i think its only a 75 shot....and he didnt get off the line very well...but that was his best run ever too...first time to use the nitrous he said ...i dont think he drives very well either.

Getting off the line is key as you probably already know. Back when i was untuned and making 368rwhp/336rwtq I ran 8.2 @ 90mph leaving at idle w/2.07 60'. Obviously a 1.7'sh 60's would have got me in the 7.7-7.8 range with that power level. A heads and cam LS1 with a tune should be able to bang that off easy with traction, nevermind having juice too.

Machinator

Banned
QuikGT said:

How are you runnin those times with the mods you have, plus your trap speed is pretty high to. Did you completly gut your car?

Users who are viewing this thread