H/C LS1 vs. Bolt on 5.0

Baysixx

Established Member
Me and my buddy have been talking about racing them for a while and last weekend we got some runs in. He has a 2001 maro with heads, a medium cam, long tubes, dumped after true dual off road mid pipe, drag suspension set up, and was on bigs and littles and has 4.10's. It runs high 10's around 124-126. Mods in my sig aren't updated. I took off the boss intake manifold and put the stock manifold back on. The only power mod I have now is long tubes with an off road x and gt500 mufflers, plus a 100 shot. Im on Michilin PS2's with 3.73's. My bottle heater wasnt working and I couldn't get to a high enough psi so we only were able to do all motor runs.
We got three runs in all with the same result. 45 roll til about 120. His 4th tops out around 130. Every run I missed the fifth gear shift or I would've closed the gap a little bit. We stay even through second and every shift he pulls a little bit and at the top of my 4th he's about 2 cars in front of me. Well be getting another run with me spraying this weekend.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSbCZgfPV34&app=m

[youtube_browser]v=mSbCZgfPV34[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
He is noticeably faster in every gear. Any spray for him as well?

image-20.jpg

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
He has a helluva set of heads and more than a medium cam to run 10's unless he is 3200lbs. Got any specs on his parts?

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
He has a helluva set of heads and more than a medium cam to run 10's unless he is 3200lbs. Got any specs on his parts?

This.
No way a cammed LS1 is hitting 10s without a shot. His times you stated must be on the bottle "you have" and your estimated trap speed is assuming you're on your 100 shot, right?
Glad we cleared that up

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You got beat pretty good. He has about a 3mph over you by the way he beat you. I guess that makes you a 123 car, damn 5.0s are fast! I wonder what my truck et/traps? Probably high 12s @ 110.

19935.slow

Established Member
This.
No way a cammed LS1 is hitting 10s without a shot. His times you stated must be on the bottle "you have" and your estimated trap speed is assuming you're on your 100 shot, right?
Glad we cleared that up

What lol? It's a heads cam car. I've been 125mph with bolt ons and spray. I'd venture to say that the car in the race could do a little more than that. :beer:

Baysixx

Established Member
It's a quick ls1. And no me trapping 118 would not be on bottle. And when he trapped 125 it was all motor too. There aren't many well running ls1's out there but the ones that do run strong.

Last edited:

LS1rob

Established Member
The butthurt is strong in this thread lol. Both owners are good friends of mine.

The Camaro has a budget H/C setup, no expensive heads no big cam etc lol. It's just a car that runs how it should when it's driven well. I find it funny that people don't see how it's possible. There are track times to prove it lol. During these runs it was motor to motor...no spray was used by either party. The owner of the Camaro was shifting at half of his normal speed due to not driving the car that much or it would have been worse.

Don't get me wrong though the 5.0 runs well too and he was shifting well. Looking forward to the rematch on spray. I might have a GoPro vid from the Camaro that I can post as well.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The owner of the Camaro was shifting at half of his normal speed due to not driving the car that much or it would have been worse.

Ahahahahahahahaha....... You jokester, you!! :lol1:

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
The Camaro has a budget H/C setup, no expensive heads no big cam etc lol. It's just a car that runs how it should when it's driven well. I find it funny that people don't see how it's possible. There are track times to prove it lol. During these runs it was motor to motor...no spray was used by either party. The owner of the Camaro was shifting at half of his normal speed due to not driving the car that much or it would have been worse.

:poke::pop:

Users who are viewing this thread