H/C/I Vette vs H/C Viper GTS

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
I was out today cruising around and i had my first run ever with a viper gts...I'm making 460+ to the wheels with stock slippin clutch and i have no clue what the viper was making, but it was cammin just as hard as i was. Well we get on the feeder road and line up at about 55 mph...i drop to second and hit it and he did also. we were neck and neck in second until i hit 6 grand. i had to shift at 5900k rpms instead of 6800rpms b/c after 5900k rpms my clutch starts to slip. After i shift into 3rd at 5900rpms, the viper pulls a 1/2 car out on me. I hold on to him in 3rd until 5900rpms then i have to shift again b/c of the stock clutch slipping and the viper gets another 1/2 car on me. Once i get into fourth, i just shutdown with the viper a car maybe a car and a half out in front of me.... We pull up to the light and we both asked what each other had and he told me he had heads/cam...
I have my new clutch & aluminum flywheel sitting here in front of me, just waiting for an unbusy time to get it put in and also having my ls2 tb ported. going for 480rwhp, b4 i throw the giggle gas on it...
what does heads/cam vipers usually put to the ground????

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Good run bro. Sounds like if you had a nice clutch setup in there, you would have had him. Good death

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
Good Kill those vipers are beasts with a heads&cam setup either way good race and you should try to race him again once you put new new clutch & aluminum flywheel in. I think the out come would have been a little better for you good races nonetheless.

-Benny-

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:
what does heads/cam vipers usually put to the ground????

my heads + cam viper dyno'd 542 rwhp and 577 rwtq on a dynojet with the stock 3.07 gear. if i did heads + cam on my Z06 i bet my Z06 would be able to keep up with it. does your vette have a 3.42 rear gear like mine?

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
460whp is pretty good for cam and heads

nice job! and get that clutch in and run to your full potential!!

Users who are viewing this thread