H/C/I S197 3v?

BigMike05GT

Established Member
Looking to buy some heads & a ford racing intake for my 3v :banana: so just wanted to know if anybody has done an all motor setup on their 3v yet? & if so, how much power did you make?

vic_s197

Established Member
It's not worth the money for the power your gunna get out of then man. For that price just buy a supercharger.

1slowhemi

+2 on the blower
When I was n/a I put down 364/308.With every bolt on i could find.
C&l Cold Air,Gt 500 tb,Frpp intake manifold, Frpp stage 1cnc heads,Stage 2 thumpers, kook lt with no cats,4.10s and under drive pulleys.
The car ran good but I wanted more so a year latter I put a Paxton 2200 kit on it. Same dyno a year latter with the paxton I put down 533/442.If I had to do it over I would have jumped to the blower from the start and pulley it down to get where im at now.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
my setup when I put down 358whp and 343wtq on a mustang dyno with: cai, LT's o/r h, axle backs, ud pullies, 62mm tb, c&l intake manifold, frpp heads, 127200 cams, 3.73's, aluminum d/s

my cams are killing my power. if I went to some 127500's id be in the 370-380whp range or higher.
its expensive but you don't add any weight and with a small shot of nitrous you can easily beat blower cars.
I will say that I am about to go to a Paxton setup in the next month or two to get more power than I have now.

BigMike05GT

Established Member
yeah good points, i'll probably save up some more & rebuild the motor before I put some boost thur it. my car has 146,000 miles. so i wouldnt wanna be pushing the power on a stock high mileage motor

Users who are viewing this thread