H/C/I 2000ss vs vmp tvs 2010 gt500

Rei_a

Established Member
Ran a buddies car in Mexico the other day from a 50 and 35 roll. Got him pretty good on both runs. Only had cell footage from one.

He beat me when I was stock but after slapping on my vmp tvs things changed slightly.

http://youtu.be/XYgyQ2_I7Cs

He runs low 11's at the track with a best of 11.1.

I definitely need some radials and a single piece driveshaft now.

Last edited:

Rei_a

Established Member
Still waiting to make it to the dyno, the Camaro made 515whp or so I am told. Can't wait to start hitting the track once I get radials. And yeah the tvs definitely helped!

Rei_a

Established Member
Yeah man that's what I heard he put down on the same dyno my ls2 swapped 240sx with headers and exhaust made 399whp.

JDsfastGN

Established Member
What else do you have done? 515 to the rear should be trapping mid 120s.... I know a blower upgrade is a big deal but I wouldnt think it should be that brutal unless your setup is more than a blower on a stockish motor. Good run though!

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
What else do you have done? 515 to the rear should be trapping mid 120s.... I know a blower upgrade is a big deal but I wouldnt think it should be that brutal unless your setup is more than a blower on a stockish motor. Good run though!

The Shelby should be putting down 650 ish

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The race seems right, my stock 13 GT500 pulled away on 510whp T/A.
Nice kill OP

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Still waiting to make it to the dyno, the Camaro made 515whp or so I am told. Can't wait to start hitting the track once I get radials. And yeah the tvs definitely helped!

I'm not a knower of all things LS1 but I thought hitting 500rwhp was pretty rare. Wonder if he was on a generous dyno.

okc12silvergt

Established Member
I raise the BS flag on the Camaro making 515 WHP N/A unless there are things he is not telling u like he is on a shot too or its a 400+ Ci stroker motor with heads and cam.

NytMrSS

Established Member
I raise the BS flag on the Camaro making 515 WHP N/A unless there are things he is not telling u like he is on a shot too or its a 400+ Ci stroker motor with heads and cam.
Getting slaughtered that badly, i doubt theres anything to hide, nitrous or cubes would at least fill in some of that gap or make for a good race depending on the setup.

I'm not a knower of all things LS1 but I thought hitting 500rwhp was pretty rare. Wonder if he was on a generous dyno.
I'll go with that, mid 400's

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
There have been several Ls1 that hit 500rwhp. LS2 do it even easier and the LS3 has done it on stock heads. You don't need 400+ci to do it.

I will say the LS1 would need a pretty radical cam, aftermarket casting heads and every Bolton with a good header not pacesetter or some other cheap version. It would have to rev to at least 7k as well. It has been done but it is not the norm. The Ls2 and 3 do it fairly easily with decent sized cams.

And I'm not saying this car had 500+rwhp. I would need to see his mod list and it would be lengthy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread