Guys, WTF is this? My Car REEKS!!!!

Drew1204

Established Member
Guys,

I drove my car home for the summer, but with it being a lease and 12k miles per year I couldn't put the miles on the car to drive it 1800 more miles back. So I had my M3 transported from IL to AZ and when I got my car back it smelled weird, and I couldn't explain it. I thought something died in my car... I called the transporter and explained to him that it smelled TERRIBlE in my car -- he reassured me that he never ate in the car, spilled anything etc. My car was in an enclosed carrier and was wrapped in plastic so nothing could spill on it.

I looked through every crevice and I found this CRAZY nasty looking fungus underneath my passenger seat...

Here is a picture I took with my iPhone:

photo.jpg

Again, it smells like a dead fish, wet cat food etc.

NO, I never spilled anything, nor did anyone else (friends, GF etc) and I am the only one that drives the car so no one could have driven it and tried to cover it up... This just showed up!

Looks to me like some kind of fungus or something... this picture is underneath the passenger seat.

I have been driving the car for about two weeks like this, could I have any potential health risks from breathing the air and what do you think this is?!

Thanks for your help...

Last edited:

BADHORC

Established Member
thats nasty! pick a spot that wont hit the carpet or anything and spray some bleach on it and see what happens.

Drew1204

Established Member
thats nasty! pick a spot that wont hit the carpet or anything and spray some bleach on it and see what happens.

I can't really poor anything or spray anything, because in the M3 the subwoofers are underneath the seats so I don't want to short circuit anything.

I was thinking about taking it to the dealership but they'll probably just blame me and say I spilled food, which I NEVER do.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Did you check the Mileage BEFORE you put it on the Transporter and AFTER you got it off the Transporter. I think some dirtbags took you car out for a night on the town and jammed some Micky D's under your seat or something after a night on the town.

RedFord96

Established Member
Looks like the transporter ate roast beef and mashed potatoes and then shoved what he couldn't finish under your seat...

MONTYKEATING

That is the most bizarre and disgusting thing ever. Maybe aliens attempted to abduct your car and died in the process, leaving their decomposing remains behind.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
Pretty sure one of the drivers BM'ed and stuffed the evidence under the seat. Months and months of high temps and moisture have surely run their course. Physically getting that out of the car is not that difficult, but the smell, on the other hand, that will be the challenge my friend. May the force be with you.

Users who are viewing this thread