guys with stock Cobras, i need a couple pics, please

01SVT2894

Established Member
i'm really trying to find out what is supposed to be on my car and what isn't.

I'm used to owning newer Mustangs... that said, in the spare tire compartment, i'm used to there being a bolt that hooks to the bottom of the trunk, that goes through the jack and through the middle of the spare tire... on this bolt, a spring and a large metal washer, and then the plastic wing nut.

in my Cobra, there is NO jack (i know there is supposed to be one), the tire/wheel, the hook bolt and the wing nut. are the fox cars supposed to have the other parts? Also, i need a picture of your spare tire/wheel. my 89 GT has a black steel wheel... my Cobra has what appears to be a solid aluminum wheel...
So, can someone please post a nice quality picture of your trunk/spare tire compartment?

Also... there was recently some talk about the Cobra grille insert... I have purchased one of these before (made with original Ford tooling), but obviously didn't come with the backing that is spoke of. well, i looked at my car and i don't see a backing... Can someone please post a detailed head on photo of the grille, and a shot of the top of the grille with the hood open? I'm wondering if my grille has been replaced....

I'd sure appreciate the pictures fellas. :beer:

Black306

Established Member
Would if I could, but I sold mine recently.

I do know that there is the same "J" hook arrangement for the jack found in newer Mustangs.

'93 Cobras do have an aluminum spare wheel.

As far as I recall, there is no 'backing' to the insert. The insert was either 'dumb-gumed' on or double side tapped.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Sorry, I pulled in a little closer to my toolbox than normal. Hope these help.

228880.jpg

228881.jpg

228882.jpg

228883.jpg

228884.jpg

228885.jpg

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
the backing I had is broken, I only have half of it. what you see in the grille opening is the headlamp mounting panel not the gille backing plate.

Users who are viewing this thread