guys with ratchet shifters, relocation question

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Im looking to relocate the shifter in my car when I get it (which is tomorrow) to further back in the console to make it easier to reach. Are there any kits to relocate it to where the cup holders are? Its in a 2004 mustang GT.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
There is a guy who makes plates that are sold on eBay and modular mustangs. Here is what mine looks like.

7cKvplK.jpg

You'll have to massage the trans tunnel flat where you want to mount it and decide how you want to snake the cable through. To close up the old shifter hole, I used a flat piece of aluminum, cut to size, ran a couple bolts through the old shifter mounting holes to tighten the aluminum down, and sealed with with rtv.

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
That is exactly what I am looking for! I am going to put my boost controller and gauges where the shifter is and the switches how you have them. Such a clean look. Remember the guys name by any chance? Ill have to see if I can find the plate on ebay. I have close to the same set up as you, hellion single kit with a built 4r70w manual valve body, trans brake, etc

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Grant Holland is the guy that makes them now. You can find him on the 03-04 Cobra Parts for Sale group on FB. Maybe on here, not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread