Guys with no E85 available: Do you ever think you'll see it?

EB85

Established Member
I've said a few times on here that I have only two places even remotely near me that carry and both of them are 45mins-1 hour away. Not helping is the fact that I work near neither one of them. If I was to get a job within some distance I would consider it. Otherwise, it's not happening. There also seems to be little to no interest in bringing it around although I see plenty of Flex-Fuel cars around and there's more than enough Subaru/Evo/Supra owners and so on who I bet would buy it if it came around. I know there's guys like me who have never even seen a corn pump on here. Do you think it'll expand or is it pretty much stuck where it's at?

oldmodman

Established Member
There is only one station anywhere near me. So if I switch I can only drive 100 miles from home.

And I worry that when the Federal money runs out a lot of E-85 will vanish.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I have a station with e85 pumps literally around the corner from my apt.

The only cars you see filling up are evos, subies and the occasional modern muscle. Obvious looking at any car there is making 200+hp over stock.

If cops were smart they'd just wait there until obviously non-flex fuel cars roll up and pop them for mods.

E85 will go away once the subsidies end.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just recently switched to e85 and love it! Closest pump is a town about 11 miles away, not bad at all. E85 isn't going away anytime soon.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dunno what Ill do if the E85 station near me quits selling it. The next one is a good 30-45 minutes each way. Im not thrilled about the idea of storing big quantities of it in my garage

EB85

Established Member
I dunno what Ill do if the E85 station near me quits selling it. The next one is a good 30-45 minutes each way. Im not thrilled about the idea of storing big quantities of it in my garage

Same. I would consider it but my car will get parked come winter so it makes even less sense.

Troponin

Established Member
I have a few friends running E85 here and there are no stations within 1.5 hours. They simply take several barrels and use those to fill up with. These are mostly race cars though. They are rarely driven on the road and trailored to the races in a lot of cases. We're talking 1200-1400whp cars.

EB85

Established Member
I have a few friends running E85 here and there are no stations within 1.5 hours. They simply take several barrels and use those to fill up with. These are mostly race cars though. They are rarely driven on the road and trailored to the races in a lot of cases. We're talking 1200-1400whp cars.

Do you know roughly how much they store and for how long? I would guess that if I really wanted to, I could store x number of gallons for summer use and stop buying it when I park it for the winter. Come the spring thaw I could fill up again and start over.

Troponin

Established Member
Your best bet is to estimate what you will use and buy a little more. E85 sitting around for too long is bad, maybe worse than regular fuel because of the water. They use 50 gallon drums though.

EB85

Established Member
Honestly, if I buy it and end up with a few gallons left over at the end of the season, I wouldn't bother keeping it. I would rather lose a few bucks instead of having it sit around and risk it turning foul. I'm sure I could find a bonfire to dispose of it in.

thekanezzi

Established Member
No e85 remotely close to me. I wish it would come here, there is enough power here that I think one station, centrally located, would sell the hell out of it.

XCSEDAN

Established Member
with fuel emissions getting more n more strict and policies coming in world wide to push towards ethanol based fuels, i can't see it going away, in fact i'd see it replacing your top tier non ethanol based fuel in the next 10yrs, either that or e100

as for storing it, so long as you keep it in a sealed drum and its stored in a cool dry place, should be fine, i've had it stored for 18 months no issues. same with methanol.

gaspasr

Established Member
E85 station opened in my neighboring town a week ago. Nearest store before was 80 miles away. I'm thrilled not having to deal with 5 gallon jugs anymore. Maybe I will put more miles on my OW.

Users who are viewing this thread