guys with kooks Long Tubes

Rook

Established Member
i just ordered kooks Lts and Mid pipes. i was wondering what gaskets you guys have used and bolts for the kooks headers. i went to ford to get new factory manifold bolts but they had three different sizes (in length). i did a search but didnt know what type of LT was being used. any info. would be nice. i bought them from jdm and was trying to make plans on when going i can make to the dyno. will let everybody know about hp and tq gains with the mods i have. the next project will be whipple.:pepper:

Rook

Established Member
thanks just making sure. its crazy when buying midpipes that the catless midpipes cost more than the midpipe with high flow cats.

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
stock bolts and gaskets. i have been using my stock gaskets over and over again. spray some hi temp copper gasket maker on there and good to go. no problems yet. and for collector gaskets, i use the mr.gasket ultra seal graphite ones 7.99 from auto zone. i think jdm beat me up for 25 bucks for the ones they use and they don't hold up as well. good luck your gonna love em'

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The headers and midpipes should come with bolts to use. I was told I could purchase them separate when I did my Long tubes. They would not sell them to me since they can only be had with the kits:bash:. So I used the Stg. 8 Bolts and they are doing just fine with the Black felt gaskets from JDM. I would of used my stock gaskets, but the truck is a 00 with 127k miles on it. So just went with what I had on my last truck witch was the Felt ones from JDM and they are doing just fine on that truck still.

Rook

Established Member
thanks guys ill be getting them next week. cant wait to see what gain of hp and tq with the folling supporting mods. one more month and some skinned knuckles and fingers lol

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I did my install with the help of my dad and a Friend. We put the truck up on jack's and was not that bad. The only problem I cam across was the pass. side. We had to install it from the inner finder well. If I didn't have to cut my midpipes I had to fit, We could of been done in about 2 hrs. earlier than we were. Total time was around 10 hrs. or so. That included time to stop for lunch and a few trips to the part store. The hard work of doing the install is worth it in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread