Guys with HIDs...

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Expect to catch a lot of flack if you intend on putting HIDs in your factory headlamps. If you want HIDs, technically, you should do a retrofit. This means you buy a projector of your choice, probably a TSX or FX35, open your headlamps and install said projector, re-seal, install and aim.

Throwing a HID kit in our housings will result in glare, hot-spots, no flicker and certainly no cut-off line. Ever see a ricer with a HID kit, that's what you'll end up with.

If you want to harness the benefits of HID, you need a projector for them. I have researched this extensively and that is the way to go. Those saying otherwise are ignorant and misinformed. They will say "yo, I haven't been flashed yet so I'm not blinding people". WRONG.

Check out the forums over at hidplanet.com. You'll thank me once you research this a bit more.

Sublimize23

Established Member
Believe me man, I spent a ton of time researching a few weeks ago when I should have been studying for finals! I know the retro is the correct way to do it, and I plan on doing it down the road, but I haven't seen a finished product with the projectors inside that I like. It always ends up looking more rice. For what it's worth, I am going with a 4300K. I know and have seen tons of guys on here with 03/04 cobras (same headlights as mine) running Plug n play kits and it still looks good, but obviously not the best. I am ok with that for now.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
You seriously took a dump all over this guys thread.
Expect to catch a lot of flack if you intend on putting HIDs in your factory headlamps. If you want HIDs, technically, you should do a retrofit. This means you buy a projector of your choice, probably a TSX or FX35, open your headlamps and install said projector, re-seal, install and aim.

Throwing a HID kit in our housings will result in glare, hot-spots, no flicker and certainly no cut-off line. Ever see a ricer with a HID kit, that's what you'll end up with.

If you want to harness the benefits of HID, you need a projector for them. I have researched this extensively and that is the way to go. Those saying otherwise are ignorant and misinformed. They will say "yo, I haven't been flashed yet so I'm not blinding people". WRONG.

Check out the forums over at hidplanet.com. You'll thank me once you research this a bit more.
I have an HID kit and i like it. I don't give a shit about unsolicited opinions regarding HID kits.

To answer your question i got my kit from, xenonrider.com. I recommend those guys kit comes with a one year warranty from the reseller. The reseller is in cali. Good luck man.
Where did you get them? If you got them on ebay, what was the sellers name? Who's had their kit the longest?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Do your thing man. You don't have to answer to anyone...

Believe me man, I spent a ton of time researching a few weeks ago when I should have been studying for finals! I know the retro is the correct way to do it, and I plan on doing it down the road, but I haven't seen a finished product with the projectors inside that I like. It always ends up looking more rice. For what it's worth, I am going with a 4300K. I know and have seen tons of guys on here with 03/04 cobras (same headlights as mine) running Plug n play kits and it still looks good, but obviously not the best. I am ok with that for now.

Sublimize23

Established Member
FA, thanks for the reply. The kit looks good and that is certainly a reasonable price. So these guys are legit? I've seen your pics with the HIDs and like them a lot. I believe it was you who posted the video too. One more thing- Did you make a harness running straight off the battery? Any problems with yours?

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i also have the kit from the previous owner. i never really cared for them until one burnt out and i switched over to standard halogens for a day or two while awaiting the replacement, and holy shit! its like i was blind! my one HID emitted more output than two halogens. hell my two fog lights outshined the halogens.

i actually had the chance to drive next to a TSX while my buddy was quite a bit ahead and he says the TSX had more glare than mine, however from my point of view i surely had the better light output, mine shined farther, more focused and had a more appealing dispersal pattern. one day i would like to do the actual retrofit, but this will do for now.

Sublimize23

Established Member
I've seen some cars that just give awful beam patterns but we seem to be lucky, they are pretty focused even with the much brighter bulb. Are you guys running a harness directly from the battery? I've read about people's cars not having enough voltage to ignite if they wired it through the stock harness.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
You seriously took a dump all over this guys thread.

I have an HID kit and i like it. I don't give a shit about unsolicited opinions regarding HID kits.

I'm glad I did. He even admitted he knows the correct route to go here. Sure, you can go the cheap way and be a hazard to others. OR, you can do it correctly and retrofit. Just displaying the options.

If you want a HID kit go to this guy. $150 or $180 depending on which one you go with and it comes with a lifetime warranty. http://www.retro-solutions.com/

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Yea, there local to me so i decided to swing by and pick them up. I ended up returning the bulbs twice, no questions asked... Pretty good service, I would recommend the 6k kit. I tried the 4500 bulbs and i didn't like them they had some small shield on the bulb that i didn't feel like unscrewing so i just went back to the 6000k bulbs... I plan to do a retrofit as well. I too dislike the projector lights they offer for our headlights...
I also tried the silverstars and they were slightly better then the stock lights IMO.

Sublimize23

Established Member
I think I'm going to order the kit from xenon riders and a harness from the other guy. I don't want to risk burning up my ballasts or anything. I'm a college kid so I don't have a whole lot of money to throw around. IE, the kit for now.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I'm glad I did. He even admitted he knows the correct route to go here. Sure, you can go the cheap way and be a hazard to others. OR, you can do it correctly and retrofit. Just displaying the options.

If you want a HID kit go to this guy. $150 or $180 depending on which one you go with and it comes with a lifetime warranty. http://www.retro-solutions.com/
He already did the research as mentioned. Every time someone throws up an HID thread everyone turns into mother ****en Teresa, enough already!!

Nobody gives a shit about HIDplanet... It's a forum dedicated to a headlight technology, get a ****en clue...

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Nobody gives a shit about HIDplanet... It's a forum dedicated to a headlight technology, get a ****en clue...

:idea: Imagine that. He wants HIDs. I point him to a HID dedicated website!! See the coincidence?? Get off your soapbox, asswipe.

Sublimize23

Established Member
Look, I'll take all the blame on this one. I am a ricer. I just can't/don't want to do the retrofit right now, so I'm putting them in.

Now. Is anyone using the battery harness?

Common

Established Member
HID's do nothing but get negative attention onto your car from the cops. Does anyone really want that?

Then you going to post a dumb thread in donut shop about how the cops are "harrasing" your dumbass with 8k (ONE PHUCKING BEAM) headlights that you can see back to the stone age with. Grow the phuck up some of you!!!!

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Where did you get them? If you got them on ebay, what was the sellers name? Who's had their kit the longest?

:idea: Imagine that. He wants HIDs. I point him to a HID dedicated website!! See the coincidence?? Get off your soapbox, asswipe.
Go re-read the thread starters question you comprehension challenged ******.
Where does he ask to be educated on the technology? Wait don't answer that, just STFU.:kaboom:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
HID's do nothing but get negative attention onto your car from the cops. Does anyone really want that?

Then you going to post a dumb thread in donut shop about how the cops are "harrasing" your dumbass with 8k (ONE PHUCKING BEAM) headlights that you can see back to the stone age with. Grow the phuck up some of you!!!!
:lol:
I'd drive my honda all day if i was worried about negative attention. I agree, the blue kits are pushing it.

Sublimize23

Established Member
Dude every time I look at the xenonrider site the prices keep changing. Once the dual bulb was $149, then $169, now $199. What the hell.

Users who are viewing this thread