Guys with exhaust and off road pipes, in here.

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
question, i know for mustang guys mil-elimnators work.

but for us lightning guys, what do you guys do to stop the 02 sensors from going off, using off road pipes? looking for options, cause im looking at doing off road pipes soon and have to see what i need to resort too. thanks

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
when using a tuner or chip, do they turn off the O2 sensors? or just trip them? any other options? just want to look ay all my possible options

SADF

Established Member
I deleted my cats in the midpipe and put in a catless custom midpipe. CEL never turned on. Six months later I did have my rear 02's turned off, but as I said there was never really a problem.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Yea good question. I blew my cat out a couple months ago and haven't decided whether to replace it or just get rid of them.

Not to highjack the thread or anything, but I have Magnaflow midpipes and Bassani Catback, if I got rid of the cats do you think it would be noticeably louder?

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
All most all tuners turn the rear O2 sensors of in there tunes, I have never heard of a problem arising from this type of a modification.

Black02SVTL

#746 of 4726
Established Member
Yea good question. I blew my cat out a couple months ago and haven't decided whether to replace it or just get rid of them.

Not to highjack the thread or anything, but I have Magnaflow midpipes and Bassani Catback, if I got rid of the cats do you think it would be noticeably louder?

I cant say for L's, but I know when my buddy put cat-less mids on his Mach it was way louder than with the cats. Again not sure about the difference from high-flows to cat-less, because he went from stock mids to cat-less.

loosews6

Established Member
turn off 02's

i got a xcal 2 how do i turn them off with it or does it got to be turned off in the tune............

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
You cant due it on the Xcal2 itself. Your tuner has to do it loosews6.

themadgnome, No cats = LOUD.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
like everyone else as done said with the L the tuner can just turn it off...very few have this problem but mine wouldnt turn off at first for some reason my tuner would turn the sensor off and it would just come back on and throw the light...maybe tried it 3 or 4 times then deicded maybe i just need to buy the MIL eliminators but the check light has not come back on for a month or so now...so im hoping it stays that way

Users who are viewing this thread