Guys with aftermarket seats....

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
I am installing a pair of Recaro SRD's in my car and have a little problem. I will be using the Recaro manual brackets and sliders and ditching the factory power seats. The seat belt buzzer/light wiring plugs into the drivers seat base. What did you guys do to turn the seatbelt light/buzzer off after installing manual/non-factory seats?
Thanks for the help,
Russell K.

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
here is a suggestion...let me know if you dont have means to do this and I will test for you tonight and post a reply. Take a multi meter and test the circuit coming from the factory seat. While connected to the wires sit in the seat and make sure it completes the circuit. If it does then just jumper the wires together and your done. I say test this first because I havent done seats in a new car yet. I did a few sn95's and all I had to do was jumper the wires. Email me if you want me to test for you tonight! [email protected]

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
No, sorry I do not have anything like that handy. The seatblet receiver that attaches to the seat contains wires which plug into the base of the drivers seat. I have already removed the seats also. Any other suggestions?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Be patient with me and I will post tonight about whether or not you can just jumper them. I will go home a test then wires and write it tonight. Should be up about 6 or 7 texas time.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
man i am sorry i didnt do it I had some probs at work and had to stay late....actually its 10:00 here and I got home about 20 mins. ago. I will check it out first thing in the morn. and post back....sorry again about the delay.

Travis

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Did you try the factory way of cutting the seatbelt lights and alarm off? Switch the car on, cut the lights on, wear the wizard hat thingy? Seriously it is a kinda log procedure, but works.

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
I havent driven the car at all since I took out the seats. I have only driven it back into my garage letting it idle for at least 5 minutes and the seat belt "buzzer" never came on. I havent driven it any yet due to the fact my Recaros have not arrived yet. I guess ? if the connector stays unplugged it just will not come on? Will this trip any codes? If it doesnt do any harm, I think we have found the best way to disable it. :)

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
Did you try the factory way of cutting the seatbelt lights and alarm off? Switch the car on, cut the lights on, wear the wizard hat thingy? Seriously it is a kinda log procedure, but works.

what are you talking about......

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
i checked the seat with my multi meter, it isnt a open close circuit so you probably cant jumper the wires...if just unplugging it works then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread