guys with aftermarket cams, ? 4 U

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
Hey guys, my motor is almost ready, but now I need to decide what cams I am going to run.

What are you guys running, what is your powerband, r u running a stall converter and what rmp?

BTW, I am going with a whipple.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
I went with JLP stg 2 cams. Very streeable. NICE lope because I left my idle speed same as stock. My powerband NEVER drops. Keeps going up like a moutain and torque went straight up and stayed like a tabletop, NEVER droped.

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
i am going to be rebuilding the engine in a few months and i am going to be looking into getting a set of cams for the truck too. i will be watching all these threads to see what is up i guess

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
Slider said:
I went with JLP stg 2 cams. Very streeable. NICE lope because I left my idle speed same as stock. My powerband NEVER drops. Keeps going up like a moutain and torque went straight up and stayed like a tabletop, NEVER droped.

Slider, you using the stock converter?

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
silversvt02 said:
Slider, you using the stock converter?
Yes I am. And I will tell you, mine is my daily driver so right now my setup is good for me, but if you do a lot of racing, you will need a stall. Your powerband goes up about 800-1000rpm. All that torque stock cammed Lightnings have is way low in the rpm band. Getting cams moves that band up a little. I plan on getting a stall sometime soon(when I get another dd).

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
Slider said:
Yes I am. And I will tell you, mine is my daily driver so right now my setup is good for me, but if you do a lot of racing, you will need a stall. Your powerband goes up about 800-1000rpm. All that torque stock cammed Lightnings have is way low in the rpm band. Getting cams moves that band up a little. I plan on getting a stall sometime soon(when I get another dd).

can you explain to me alittle bit more about how a stall converter works. A friend and I are having a disagreement about how they work.

Users who are viewing this thread