Guys with 03/04 Front Bumpers

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Hey guys, I've got the bezels and fogs for my Cobra bumper but I need some help with the hardware. I'm looking for a good type of bolt to use to hold in the bezels and fogs. I ordered all my parts from Tousley Ford and Steve informed me there was no specific hardware included when I pruchased them. Any help with this would be appreciated. I need to find a perfect fitting bolt or even screw. Thanks guys :beer:

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I just brought all the fog light assembly from one side, into the local hardware store and figured out all the screws I needed for both foglights. Took a lot of the guessing out of what size I needed. Just ask someone that works there which ones they would suggest is best for automotive use and screw them in to the respective pieces to make sure they are all the right size.
Fit it all up to the bumper ahead of time and see if you need screws to secure all that to the bumper too.
That's just how I did it. Like the dealer said, there is no specific set of screws for this.

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Took a lot of the guessing out of what size I needed. Just ask someone that works there which ones they would suggest is best for automotive use and screw them in to the respective pieces to make sure they are all the right size.

Or I could just ask you if you'd be so kind to tell me :)

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
Or I could just ask you if you'd be so kind to tell me :)

Honestly I do not recall exactly what length, threading or head each screw had but I can tell you I used stainless steel screws to resist corrosion.
I did not have any size references when I did it either, I just brought one side of the foglight assembly into the hardware store, went to the screw/nails/fasteners section and looked for stainless steel screws. Then proceeded to thread them in and make sure they were the right fit. Then made sure I bought enough for both sides. That's the only way you will know for sure they fit.
Even if I did have a list of sizes to give you, I often find that certain sizes are sold out a lot of the time at the local place I go to anyways and regardless I would have to search and substitute for something that will fit.

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Ok cool thanks man. I'm gonna have to just do the same then. I appreciate the feedback

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Oh yeah...
Did you get the pig tail wires to make the GT wiring accept the 03 Cobra Fog light bulbs?
2003-04 Mustang Cobra Fog Light Pigtail Connector by 50resto at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
You wire these into the existing GT wires and it's plug and play with the cobra style bulbs. I know at least the early new edge GT bulbs are different than the ones in the 03 cobra.

I did get them along with the foglights. Haven't installed them yet cause I've been trying to find a fitting screw/bolt. I have a '99 so I have the older connector. Did you strip the wires from the pigtails and just plug them into the connector slots or did you just remove the connector and just put the two wires together?

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I did get them along with the foglights. Haven't installed them yet cause I've been trying to find a fitting screw/bolt. I have a '99 so I have the older connector. Did you strip the wires from the pigtails and just plug them into the connector slots or did you just remove the connector and just put the two wires together?
I did the second of the two ideas you just mentioned. I cut the old connectors off and wired the pigtail into the old wiring.

Yesterday I see 50resto sells the whole fog light/bezel/wiring assembly as one package to save a little money and time. They didn't have that back when I bought the pieces for my 03 cobra bumper.
All these pieces that go into making the fog light assemblies add up. Not to mention the $100 rubber chin spoiler piece that runs along the bottom.

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
I did the second of the two ideas you just mentioned. I cut the old connectors off and wired the pigtail into the old wiring.

Yesterday I see 50resto sells the whole fog light/bezel/wiring assembly as one package to save a little money and time. They didn't have that back when I bought the pieces for my 03 cobra bumper.
All these pieces that go into making the fog light assemblies add up. Not to mention the $100 rubber chin spoiler piece that runs along the bottom.

Cool, thanks for all your help! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread