Guys that have sold a Terminator to get into a '93...

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Do you regret it? What are your thoughts?

I really like my car but after owning it for four years now its just kinda "meh" to me now. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy driving/owning it but wonder what it would be like to have a '93. When the Terminators first came out I had to have one, but prior to that the only Mustang I had my eyes on was a '93 Cobra. Well I've got the '03 now but still haven't gotten the opportunity to purchase a '93. I know I'm gonna miss the power of the '03 versus the '93 but I love the simplicity of the Fox Cobra.

WillyB93

Established Member
I do miss my 04, really loved the power of it, but was kinda uncomfortable for me. The 1993 cobra has less power but more comfortable IMO, they both seemed to be "eye catching" and bought crowds around both! I have tossed the idea of getting back in to a terminator cobra before too long though, I can get used to the issues I had with them! The 1993 is way cheaper on insurance even with an agreed value policy.

1slohawk

Established Member
I have a 93 and an 03. There both fun in there own ways. My 93 is nice to take out locally, but I don't like taking it a lot of places. If it were stock i'd probably drive it more. The 03 is more comfortable imo, makes good power, and gets way better gas mileage. You can't go wrong with either car, but I don't know if i'd give up an 03 for a 93.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I have tossed the idea of getting back in to a terminator cobra before too long though, I can get used to the issues I had with them! The 1993 is way cheaper on insurance even with an agreed value policy.
Are you going to sell your '93 to pick up a Terminator?

I have a 93 and an 03. There both fun in there own ways. My 93 is nice to take out locally, but I don't like taking it a lot of places. If it were stock i'd probably drive it more.
You don't like taking it out because of the mods done to it or because of it's rarity? If I were to get a '93 it would step right into the role my '03 currently plays, garage queen/weekend toy...never a DD.

Thanks for your insight guys! :beer:

WillyB93

Established Member
I don't think I will at this time, may have to wait a bit to step back into one. It was hard to let go of my 2004 let alone one of the 1993's.

-The-Terminator

Established Member
I miss my 04 SY Cobra, I went to a 93 it was nice for a while I just missed the horsepower and the look and wine of an 03-04. I just sold my 93 and am looking for another 03-04

STERLING351

The Chuppacabra
Established Member
Havent owned a 03/04 cobra but have friends with them. Depends on what your looking for in my opinion. I like the 93 cobra because i have a teal one which catches peoples eyes, when ever i go to car shows there are few 93 cobras let alone a all stock one with 42k miles but there is always 10+ termi's. It is slower but still a fun drive its not exactly slow. The termi looks nice but its a very popular car and doesnt have a kinda classic feel that a 93 does, but both are iconic cars, so depends on if you want raw all out power or a nice more rare show car for weekends, unless you mod the hell out of one and make it a street beast then you have the best of both worlds.

1slohawk

Established Member
Are you going to sell your '93 to pick up a Terminator?

You don't like taking it out because of the mods done to it or because of it's rarity? If I were to get a '93 it would step right into the role my '03 currently plays, garage queen/weekend toy...never a DD.

Thanks for your insight guys! :beer:

I don't like leaving the 93 certain places. Such as mall parking lots and places I can't keep an eye on it. The 03 is just a nicer all around car makes a good amount of power stock. I get in it and wouldn't hesitate to drive the car anywhere. I will say the 93 gets more attention though i can't take it to the gas station without people asking about it.

buddha93

Established Member
Well, I'm a HP junkie, so I think it would be tough not to have the power of the Termi while crusing around. Two completely different animals. Of course you could always buy a modded 93'. :D

1slohawk

Established Member
Well, I'm a HP junkie, so I think it would be tough not to have the power of the Termi while crusing around. Two completely different animals. Of course you could always buy a modded 93'. :D

The 93 has to be modded. With a stock 93 you have to worry about losing to bolt on 2011 V6 mustangs j/k

buddha93

Established Member
The 93 has to be modded. With a stock 93 you have to worry about losing to bolt on 2011 V6 mustangs j/k

Ya, I know what you mean.

I suppose it's a little like the Fox cars out running the old big block Mustangs too, though not nearly as much.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I was completely expecting the majority of the responses to the OP would be advising me to sell my Terminator right away and get a '93. I'm surprised. Maybe I should keep the '03, save up a little and buy a '93 to park beside it!

Again, thanks guys! :beer:

delvin.a

Established Member
I could sell you my 42k mile 500rwhp '93 Cobra! Boss block, T-Trim, Viper 6spd, MM suspension, Recaro's and it's running the stock cam so it's quite nice to drive on the street. This way you'd still have similar power to the Terminator but the look and feel of a '93

buddha93

Established Member
I was completely expecting the majority of the responses to the OP would be advising me to sell my Terminator right away and get a '93. I'm surprised. Maybe I should keep the '03, save up a little and buy a '93 to park beside it!

Again, thanks guys! :beer:

Meh, I think most of us try to be objective. The 03' is just a really good car. I mean it's 10 years newer with a blower so you can't really argue with that.

Love my 93's though. Might have a Termi some day too!:D

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I own both and I say it depends on how much you drive it. The '03 is super comfortable and makes really good reliable power. The '93 needs TLC but is really fun to drive and turns heads. However, they are both dated these days when compared to the 12s and soon to come 13s.

Depends on how much you drive the car and what you want out of it. If you want the more collectible car that you'll only drive occasionally go with the '93. If I had to choose one to sell if I had to it would be the '03. There's a reason they're building anniversary cars, the '93 is the anniversary they're celebrating...

Users who are viewing this thread