Guys making over 15 psi I have a question for you. Please respond.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey there. I was wondering what your stock 15psi gauge does when you go over the 15psi mark. Say you are running a KB or Whipple and your making in excess of 15 psi.
Does the needle swing past the 15 mark or does it just stop? Have you ever watched it to see what it does in that situation?

I have a stock 09 Grabber Orange GT500 but it does not make enough boost to give me the answer I am looking for.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Ray Hilton
The Boost Overlay guy.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
IMO...Boost comes up quick. I'm more concern with my A/F gauge
and whats going on with that. I have seen the gauge get pegged
on my buds whip

2kmelat

Established Member
I never give it any though to tell u the truth. I know it dosent read right after u start moding. I know im over 18lb

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member
Suprised mine hasn't snapped the needle off yet. 2.9 with 18-19 psi.

mullens

Established Member
The stock boost gauge is not true boost, only an inferred value by the PCM. Mine pegs at 15 when the conditions are right. It won't break if you're pushing more.

Last edited:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the replies guys. Willie2, YOU have a very nice collection as well my friend. I also love your signature pic. That is a nice shot of the first original Hilton Boost Overlay for the 03-04 Terminators. Just in case anyone else did not know that. Thanks for using it in your sig. Unsolicited customer endorsements like that are very much appreciated!

So I want to make real sure I am understanding this right. When your GT500 is capable of making more than 15#s of boost the needle just stops at 15? Even though your aftermarket gauge shows you making well over 15#s. Is that correct?

Thanks again for the responses.

Ray H.

tvuser

Established Member
I am glad, to know that as my Lighting and Terminator always went past the the end,I was wondering if the Shelby stopped or not.And now I know........

Users who are viewing this thread