Guys I need your help!!!!!!

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
I want to know what direction I should go with my mystic? I want a track /drag car more track than drag... how would you go about doing this?looking at the hp twin turbo set up or n/a and go with a short block 5.0 and a t-56 or supercharger and t-56 but what supercharger? I like the roots style due to low end torque ..... I just want about 400 plus h.p. please please help me....thanks mike:shrug:

Last edited:

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I like the KB 2.2L for the roots style...build the bottom end...heads/cam/intake.....def go with some suspension modds for sure....thats all I really know....im not to educated in the car department....but least I posted, I hate when people look at my post and dont reply....lol....hope I helped a smidge

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
thanks guys I think Im going the n/a route and just plan on 350-375 @ the wheels w/ t-56 and maxium motorsports suspension does anybody have a lightened flywheel for the cobra?

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
Twin Turbo for a track car is too much, the heat is gonna kill you, and nitrous is useless on the track, unless you really need it when passing. i would say stay n/a or go roots, but even then the heat gets kinda much, due to no intercooler and centrifugal supercharger won't give you the torque for coming out of the corners. im in the same boat as you and have been debating what to do. im leaning KB but im worried about the heat problems on the track.

Svets96

Established Member
For heating problems go with a bigger radiator from Steeda all aluminum. Also you might want to get a bigger oil pan from canton racing. I have their 8.5 qt with a windage tray and road race baffles- which is perfect for what you want to do. Hope I had help you out a little.

Users who are viewing this thread