GUN CONTROL WORKS!!!!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well, not really. For the criminals it does I guess as a few convicts here point out. It certainly works to equalize things tho.

This is an older video but I thought it was interesting how Washington DC crime actually went UP vs. DOWN when legally owning a Gun there was outlawed!

If that wasn't a sign of the times I don't know what is considering DC is one the most dangerous places in the country. Its a short video worth watching.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Counter argument/devils advocate is that it does work and works well. Ever since the US made it much much harder to own true automatic weapons (I believe some act past in the 30's? and then in 1986) there has been very very few deaths with automatic weapons.

Note I live in texas and love guns

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Counter argument/devils advocate is that it does work and works well. Ever since the US made it much much harder to own true automatic weapons (I believe some act past in the 30's? and then in 1986) there has been very very few deaths with automatic weapons.

Problem is criminals don't follow laws. Killing people is already illegal. All the gun laws do is hurt us normal law abiding Americans. But the end goal for most of the politicians is to have unarmed defenseless peasants

Z28

Established Member

While I do agree with you that fully automatic guns are all but impossible to purchase, how do you keep semi-auto weapons from criminals? There are already millions in circulation, unlike fully auto weapons which were very rare even at the time they were made illegal to own. I don't think the fully-auto comparison is relevant.

For the record, I place "AR's" in the semi-automatic category because that's all they are. Banning AR's will do nothing.

What needs to happen in the short term: More thorough background checks to stop a few of the reported crazies, additional security/concealed by personnel in schools, and for the FBI/Local authority to actually act on reports.

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
^^Good points, the system for purchasing guns needs to change. I don't think there are many that disagree with that.

What needs to change? How do you want to "fix it". Give a answer not a statement.

Users who are viewing this thread