Gun and ammo people I need some help please.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Buffalo Bore and Underwood offer hard cast lead ammunition. Two of the top high performance ammunition manufacturers right there

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Just wait, before you know it you'll be asking for advice on casting molds and presses!

I've thought heavily on this subject. I shoot every Saturday and or Sunday starting around Columbus Day weekend right through to about the middle of may. I may do some cost analysis and weigh in on my time to see if it's worth it. Nobody at my range collects their brass so for some reason I don't know why it's not popular where I shoot.

The only reason I don't shoot in the summer is that it's boating and fishing season and I don't want to be inside. If it's raining I will shoot in the summer.

DJAMiller

Established Member
It really makes a lot of sense if you shoot often, especially if you shoot odd ball or expensive calibers or compete. I can save almost $0.50 a round on 6.5 grendel all while loading solid sub MOA match grade ammo. I can save decent money on 45 acp and 9mm as well but I feel like for many pistol rounds (especially 9mm) and 223 plinking ammo the cost savings may not outweigh the time investment. If I had a nice progressive press that could change however.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
It really makes a lot of sense if you shoot often, especially if you shoot odd ball or expensive calibers or compete. I can save almost $0.50 a round on 6.5 grendel all while loading solid sub MOA match grade ammo. I can save decent money on 45 acp and 9mm as well but I feel like for many pistol rounds (especially 9mm) and 223 plinking ammo the cost savings may not outweigh the time investment. If I had a nice progressive press that could change however.
I shoot mostly 45 acp, 357 mag, 9mm, and 22.

Users who are viewing this thread