gulfport jan 26th, anyone going

wayne's93

home school'd
Established Member
i am coming from slidell figure to get there close to 530, anyone know what time gates open for sure, and interested and meeting myself and another gen 1 lightning over there? sure hope this track is hooking for once, i have ran there 2 x's and traction was the worst, thats before the blower :coolman:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Hey Wayne...the track is hooking like a mofo from what i hear. I'll be there for sure. Hope the rain actually does hold out til Thurs like they say. Gates open at either 5:00 or 5:30 and times start at 6. We park on the opposite side of consessions. Should be my truck, a Silver 02 and a Sonic blue 03.

Last edited:

wayne's93

home school'd
Established Member
sounds good, when you say opposite side of concession, are you referring to next to the left hand lane? been a while since i have been there, dont remeber all of the lay out

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Ya have a bunch of stands around the consessions on the right. We will be on the other side where ya come in the gate. If ya gonna show, just give me a ring on my cell 228.806.3241 and i'll come and find you. I wanna see the GEN 1 if ya don't mind.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
a GEN 1 black lightning is running also. He might be there. I think he's sprayin. His best that i saw was 13.88 i think. Got slicks/ets in the back i think. I'm sure you shouldn't have a problem w/ 13's on new track.

wayne's93

home school'd
Established Member
Ttt

svtman75 you coming i will be there at 6pm, call and let me know one way or the other, wayne

Last edited:

wayne's93

home school'd
Established Member
good meeting ya josh, and jeremy?? not good with names, sorry we didnt talk more. hopefully we will see yall at ffw, and possibly sooner in gulfport, the track was improved. but wait til you try npr, yall both need to run those trucks.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Good to meet you and Daniel? Your truck is extremely clean and i was very impressed. If NPR hooks better than our track, i'll definately wanna run. As it stands now though, i doubt i can pull any better than a 13.5 tho. Sorry your bud was having a hard time tho. I think he just needs tires. And yeah, it was Jeremy.

:beer:

wayne's93

home school'd
Established Member
thanks, danny is his name, he needs his truck tuned, with all the work he has done, running the stock computer, i dont think its doin justice, that should be a low-mid 13 sec truck easily. i will look you up when we come that way again, yall should get involved on the nloc.net, we get together fairly often, also did yall read the post on feb 5th on this sight meeting in slidell? check it out

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Yeah, i saw the post about it. I have to work.

Danny had a nice Lightning. I agree with ya on the tuning part. that does make sense. And i still am dead set on....he needs tires!!! Keep my number handy if ya make it back this way. I usually goto the track every wed. I will most definately be needing to talk to ya before FFW!! I need to follow somebody!!!

ncc386

Established Member
They've really started to make Gulfport a lot better. It was a steaming pile for many years. But they've at least redone part of the track and started halfway prepping it. I was able to hook the last time I went... which is amazing. :burnout:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
NCC, Where are ya from? I've never heard of Ms. Motorsports. I plan on running there next week when my new tires get in. You gonna come out?

ncc386

Established Member
SVTman75 said:
NCC, Where are ya from? I've never heard of Ms. Motorsports. I plan on running there next week when my new tires get in. You gonna come out?
I just opened it a few months ago. I'm originally from Superchips Custom Tuning. I was brought to Longwood, FL by Chris Johnson to help get the company off the ground back in October '03. I wore just about every hat they had at SCT. (management, dealer support, sales)

After being there for a while I wanted to have my own SCT dealership, so I moved back to MS and opened a business. Been working out pretty good, considering how young my operation is. Strictly tuning, no mechanical work. Very challenging, very stressful, but very fun!

:pepper:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
So, to tune this beast i have....what am i looking at. Care to PM me some details? I've heard nothing but good stuff from Chris Johnson over in Al. So i'll definately trust you. I'm basically stock. Just a drop in air filter and some exaust. No real gains there. But a tune i'd like to have. I've heard it wakes these trucks up!! I have another guy here in Biloxi whom might also want a tune. He has a silver 02. Hit me back when ya can.

ncc386

Established Member
SVTman75 said:
So, to tune this beast i have....what am i looking at. Care to PM me some details? I've heard nothing but good stuff from Chris Johnson over in Al. So i'll definately trust you. I'm basically stock. Just a drop in air filter and some exaust. No real gains there. But a tune i'd like to have. I've heard it wakes these trucks up!! I have another guy here in Biloxi whom might also want a tune. He has a silver 02. Hit me back when ya can.
d00d... you've got a few options. I'm able to recalibrate the PCM. You WILL make some power even without the exhaust. The factory calibration is a three-way comprimise of performance, emissions, and fuel economy. We can either shift it more towards performance or just do away with the other two altogether. The PCM software that you'll receive is written from scratch. I don't build on top of the factory tune. PM sent! :D

mikestoyz

Established Member
Ive met Ty in person a year or two ago where we both sucked at the track. Ive seen him in many threads on various sites, and he knows his stuff. Id let him tune my car if I had the money.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Thanks Mike...I think i'll go with his tune. At least if he messes the tune up, i don't have to drive 30 hours to get to his shop! J/K!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread