Guitar players

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Ive got 3. I mainly play my Schecter Damien 6 though through a Line 6 Spider II 112.

I mainly jam out to System of a Down or AC/DC. But I also play some Pantera, Nirvana, Muse, Trivium, etc.

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
I used to play a lot more than I do now.

Fender USA Strat
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Martin DM14?(forgot model)
Schecter Spitfire

Alternative and Classic Rock for fun..But blues when I feel like really playing something that makes me think.

Hows the amp playing Matt?

amorrow

Established Member
I play just for fun, and haven't been playing long. I'm into classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Cream and early Clapton, etc) My guitars include...

Gibson Les Paul 3-pup Custom (Black)
Gibson ES-335 (Block Inlay, Cherry)
Gibson EDS-1275 Doubleneck (Cherry)
Danelectro DC-59 (Black)
Martin HD-28
...and looking for the right Gibson Les Paul '60 Historic Reissue in Iced Tea or Faded Cherry

You can probably guess that my amp of choice is a Marshall 100W plexi...the Gibson/Marshall classic combo!

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Ibanez RG120, $200 when I was 16 and it's great for heavy shit. Just dropped it to C tuning a couple of weeks ago. Also have an Ibanez acoustic/electric that I never play.

I can play some TOOL, some Rage, Incubus, Metallica, VERY little Pantera, and some other shit. Mostly like writing my own stuff.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
countrysquire said:
I used to play a lot more than I do now.

Fender USA Strat
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Martin DM14?(forgot model)
Schecter Spitfire

Alternative and Classic Rock for fun..But blues when I feel like really playing something that makes me think.

Hows the amp playing Matt?

Its great man. Not as loud as my old 212, but its perfect for my uses.

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/Seymour Duncan pickups
Takemine Acoustic/Electric Classical

My beater guitar - Squier Deluxe HH Floyd Rose. it currently has DiMarzio pickups and is setup for D tuning.

Mesa Boogie Mark 3 simul-class 1x12 combo that plays through a sealed-back mesa 2x12 cabinet.
Digitech effects processor and crybaby wah pedal.

I've been playing a healthy mix of stuff lately. When I am practicing, i'll work on Bach cello pieces or Carl Phillip Emanuel Bach's Solfeggetto. Either tranlate very well into cool electric guitar pieces. When I jam along to music (one of my favorite past times) i'll play along to everything from The Cure to Pantera. A few songs that I have been playing along with specifically are:

Rise Against: Paper Wings
Alter Bridge: Down to my last
311: Creatures
Toad the wet sprocket: Walk on the ocean
Pantera: Walk
Slayer: Seasons in the abyss
Nightwish: Wish I had an angel
Lost Prophets: Last Train

amorrow

Established Member
Geez...I'm not very familiar with all the newer songs.

With my electrics I've been into the bluesy stuff lately like Clapton's "Hideaway" on the Bluesbreakers album. This has been a fun song to play. Also, I've been attempting to nail down some more Zeppelin like bits and pieces of Jimmy's "Dazed and Confused" solo from "The Song Remains the Same" soundtrack. I bought software called Guitar-Pro that makes some of Page's faster solos much easier to break down.

And as for acoustic stuff, I've been learning "Here Comes the Sun" by George Harrison.

Last edited:

trendkilllx

Established Member
I have two guitars

ESP/LTD M-300, neck thru, added active EMG pickups
Washburn Dime-333 Blackjack

My amp is a Crate half stack

I mainly play metal, In Flames, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Susperia, Pantera, Children of Bodom, Dimmu, Hypocrisy. and so on.
I also try to play alittle Becker and Malmsteen, not very well yet.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I play an '86 Gibson SG through a Marshall amp. I play anything from blues, rock, to shredding stuff. I play guitar and keys for a rock band though. Can't wait to rip it up at South By Soutwest.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
PRS CE24 and an Alvarez Acoustic Electric...not sure of the model on that. Bass is a Ibanez SR480, soon to be a Warwick Corvette bolt-on, through a hartke 15" combo. My guitar amp is Marshall AVT150 half stack...decent tone, but has good effects...with a crybaby.

Been playing for 16 years, and play everything from old blues to skate punk to metal.

MetikalSVT

Not A Rookie
Established Member
Samick Gary Bennet Edition (acoustic)
Zack Wylde Les Paul (regular white and black)
Fender Stratocaster.

I basically play: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Pantera, Joe Satriani maybe a little Jack Johnson for the ladies.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Ibanez Jem BSB
Gibson Explorer with some Duncans dropped in it
72 Martin d-28

I play whatever I'm in the mood for, blues to metal. Bands I've been part of in the past were mostly metal, though.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Alvarez acoustic RD10
Alvarez Yairi acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul electric to toy around on.

I just tool around on them, write up my own little jams, and play whatever it is that I feel like trying. Its more like a small hobby to me, and I do it whenever I am chillin' out or stressed....

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Down to 1
Ibanez RG770
Peavey Ultra 120 head with a 5150 cab.
Play mostly Journey, Rush and other classic rock and 80s rock.

Adam.L.

Established Member
I play a Spector NS6, tuned to C w/flatwounds. I sometimes dig up the old Gibson, but that happens so rarely that I couldn't even tell you what model it is. I play through a Line 6 AX212 w/floorboard, sometimes through a 1st gen Pod with a floor monitor, sometimes adding in some old Alesis quadraverbs. Some of my more complicated setups involved using MIDI CC messages to change settings in sync with sequencers.

I typically play only what I write - Industrial/Metal. Every now and then I screw around with different songs for sake of brushing up on ability. The last song I played along with was LaGrange (ZZ top). I've since then forgotten how to play most of it.

I usually get too wrapped up in the technology. Finding ways to sync up the electronics, changing effects settings quicker than possible with a pedal board, really just over complicating things. It's my attempt at hiding my lack of REAL guitar playing talent.

Did I mention I'm a programmer, not a guitarist?

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I've got 5 guitars:
- LTD/ESP Explorer w/ EMG 81/85 pickups
- LTD/ESP Eclipse with stock LTD pickups
- Epihonne Flying V w/ EMG 81/85 pickups, custom paint, through-body construction, Floyd Rose tremolo.
- Jackson DX10D Firestorm w/ stock Duncan Designed pickups
- Yamaha acoustic guitar
I'm buying a Dean Vandetta within a day or two.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread