Guitar Hero...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You know where I'll be Dale - home, watching Bowl games all day today and tomorrow. Give me a call if you're in the 'hood.
Minor - you already know the way here!

I've seen a Youtube vid of a guy shredding 'Through the Fire and the Flames'. It is reeee-diculous! No way I'll ever get there. My hand hurts just from playing 5 or 6 songs in a row on Easy level. Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You, Killing in the Name, Carry on Wayward Son, John the Fisherman, and Heart-Shaped Box FTMFW!!

I'm gonna go out and try to find another guitar controller right now...the game is even more fun with two players and I'd like to try out co-op mode with one of you "experts". I've always been an aspiring bassist.:rollseyes

Think Rock Band for the PS3 will be next. There goes more mod money! :cuss:

You know they make GH3 for PS2 also, right?

I played Rock Band for the first time last week and wasn't too impressed. The guitar is a little harder to play because the buttons are smaller and closer together, plus if you don't hit them just right, it doesn't register. The drums looks cool and my friends were rocking out on them, but also looks super hard, not sure I could do it. They've had the game for a month or so and the kid has already broken the bass drum pedal in half from playing so much. I'm gonna stick to GH and hope they bring out a modern rock version sometime soon, although I still haven't played GH3.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
You know they make GH3 for PS2 also, right?

I played Rock Band for the first time last week and wasn't too impressed. The guitar is a little harder to play because the buttons are smaller and closer together, plus if you don't hit them just right, it doesn't register. The drums looks cool and my friends were rocking out on them, but also looks super hard, not sure I could do it. They've had the game for a month or so and the kid has already broken the bass drum pedal in half from playing so much. I'm gonna stick to GH and hope they bring out a modern rock version sometime soon, although I still haven't played GH3.

my buddy has Rock Band also its pretty fun, but I agree about the guitar part. Although I am like a 2nd Alex Van Halen. I was playin the drums part in Best Buy on expert and people crowded around, it was awesome (I've played drums for like 14 years lol) It looks complicated on the screen but really its not that hard of a beat.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
ROCK BAND FTMFW!!! My son has GH1,2 and 3 and they do not compare to Rock Band IMO. Hell, me and a bunch of our drunk neighborhood friends sent our kids to bed so we could rock out the other night!! Drums are tough if you have never played them, but not over the top hard. Vocals are a freakin blast!! Granted, I'm a former wannabe rock star, but even my friends who have never played an instrument in their lives love this game already! Also, I love how they play the REAL artists version of the songs, not a knock off copy. Oh, and you can use the Guitar from GH on Rock Band if you like that one better.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I got a GH guitar for x-mas last year so I could play with my daughter. She got GH3 this year. I like the songs with the tough riffs. Heart and GNR are a couple I can pull off, but, yeah, it's addictive. My fingers twitch after a song or two on the hard level. Fingers are too old to handle the expert. Hell, I'll try it tonight. Our party tonight got cancelled by the host due to illnesses so more GH time coming my way.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Just unlocked three more classic songs: War Pigs, Sweet Child o' Mine, and Last Child which is definitely one of my all-time favorite songs. That one's gonna give me Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, I'm afraid.

I got the second guitar controller (and GH1 while I was at it!) and jammed on the bass with another GH beginner. It just keeps getting better!!

No time to hang out on the forum...gotta get back to my axe...

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
i have gh3 for the wii,,, let me know if anyone else has it ,, we can hook up online and battle,, im through medium,, but hard is kicking my A$$ right now

scarface1

Noobasaurus Rex
Established Member
I got GH3 & 2 for xmas.... Both are very fun. we played for 6 hours last night at the new years party.

My wife says I am an addict.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Thanks Tim, you just made me go spend $80 on GH3... Now I'm not gonna get any sleep either lol.

Edit: Damn, I've lost my touch. Medium on 3 is definitely harder than on 2.

Last edited:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
The first step to recovery from addiction is admitting you have a problem, Dale.

Hi, my name is Tim. It's been 2 hours since my last jam...

04yellowcobra

Established Member
haha you guys crack me up. For anyone that actually plays the guitar, this game is rather lame-o!!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
haha you guys crack me up. For anyone that actually plays the guitar, this game is rather lame-o!!!

The way I see it, you pretty much have to be awesome at a real guitar to have the finger speed to play guitar hero on expert. Watch the vid of the guy on youtube and tell me he hasn't played guitar for like 10 years. Watch his fret hand.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So I figured out why I was missing random notes. You can calibrate the game to the TV. I have a 32" LCD and when I went to options and calibrated it, it gave me a 44ms offset. It definitely made a difference in those random missed notes.

Just got 100% on "when you were young" by The Killers on medium. I think thats my first 100% ever.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
So, has anyone been hurt playing Gaytar Hero!

Aiden hit me in the jewels playing baseball on Wii!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So, has anyone been hurt playing Gaytar Hero!

Aiden hit me in the jewels playing baseball on Wii!

Haven't heard of any injuries. My fingers get pretty cramped after a while, but thats about it.

Users who are viewing this thread