Guitar guys Taylor Koa Guitars?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Hard to go wrong with almost anything Taylor. Our rhythm guitarirst is looking at the 214ce

Personally I'd look for a used 610ce as they can be had for around the price you are looking at. Of course they are more traditional looking than the Koa.
Tough call.
If you like it, get it. You won't be sorry.

CV355

_
Established Member
If you like it, get it. You won't be sorry.

^ This

Taylor guitars are generally more "bright" where Martins are more mellow on the whole from what I've seen (heard, technically?). I prefer a dark sound, so I went Martin. Both are extremely well built and will last forever if maintained. You can always influence the sound with string choice, but the body defines the voice.

I've tested out a few Taylors in the acoustic room at the local Guitar Center, but only when the room was empty. Can't stand the sound of some scarf-wearing new-age hippy plucking away at a damn ukelele.

Koa is a unique look -if you like it, go for it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't have any time with a Taylor Koa, but I fell in love with a Breedlove Concert Koa that I played at the beginning of the year. Taylor makes a solid guitar and that Koa wood sounds great. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread