Guesses on 0-60, top speed and 1/4 mile?

ArabianOak

Established Member
Now that we know the hp and tq and been told a ballpark weight, are there any guesses on the 0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed of the new GT350?

Normally car and driver and motor trend will give some guesses once they find out the numbers but I have not seen any posted yet....

Any guesses?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
0-60: 3.7
1/4: 11.9@120
60-0: 101ft
Lateral g's: 1.05g
I think that 0-60 is probably a little optimistic with a 6-speed, but IMO 0-60 is a useless metric in 2015.
But agree 100% that it'll probably magazine test in the 11.9-12.0 range at ~120 mph. Owners will go faster at well prepped tracks.
Car should run very well! At $50k base it's a helluva' car IMO.
S.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I agree with 0-60 being under 4. I believe some of the magazines got 4.2 0-60 in a brembo s197 5.0.
would be impressed if it did it in 3.7, that's what the c6z did.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Some of you guys in thread are f****ing ridiculous! There's a 10-15 page dissertation thread about how this car isn't a straight line car, its for the road course. Yet here you are (you know who you are) making guesses about straight line performance. Why aren't you in here arguing the same point instead of making guesses? Oh I get it, you really have no clue about this car and love to try to the one who's right about shit so you can say "look at me!" #EndRant

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
Some of you guys in thread are f****ing ridiculous! There's a 10-15 page dissertation thread about how this car isn't a straight line car, its for the road course. Yet here you are (you know who you are) making guesses about straight line performance. Why aren't you in here arguing the same point instead of making guesses? Oh I get it, you really have no clue about this car and love to try to the one who's right about shit so you can say "look at me!" #EndRant

Mom not give you enough love as a child so now you take it out on the world?

You know what the beginning of every road race is? A drag race.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Mom not give you enough love as a child so now you take it out on the world?

You know what the beginning of every road race is? A drag race.

Asinine! Apply that to a real race. GT500 vs. GT350. You're statement would have the 500 win every time

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
No, my statement would have the GT500 ahead into the first corner, where it would promptly begin losing it's lead to the better handling 350.

Voltwings

Established Member
Im just thinking that tires that are good on a road course =/= tires that are good on the drag strip? We like really still sidewalls on the road course so the car doesnt lay over, but at the drag strip a stiff sidewall causes wheel hop and fights for traction - this is why most people prefer wrinkle walls and soft sidewalsl right? Absorb some of the shock and grip better. I wouldnt be surprised if this car doesnt do all too well in 1/4 time (i would still expect a good trap speed) or 0-60

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Asinine! Apply that to a real race. GT500 vs. GT350. You're statement would have the 500 win every time
Not really, considering the GT500 has shitty rear tires and usually the owners cant drive. :burnout:

The GT350 is not meant for drag racing but people will buy it anyways and use it as such. Since this topic is about guessing what the cars will run, I'm going to guess that a good driven GT350 will put down high 11's. Maybe even mid 11's as the record.

Users who are viewing this thread