guess what is in the driveway

serpico

Established Member
i went to the dealer one more time to see the cars. they said ford had called and said that it would only take a few more days. well i decided to go with the black mach instead of the cobra. i want to thank everyones input as this helped. the car is fantastic!!!
i love the black as the stripes are noticed only by close exam. if it wasn't for the hood and badges it would be the ultimate sleeper.
i still have the 4:10 gears that i bought for my cobra that i will install after break in. truth is i have to wait so that my wife won't know that i am modding right away. i need a little more sound and i was thinking about a h-pipe with the stock catback.(comments please.) i will also do the tri-ax asap as third is still a pain. i still can't believe that she is in the drive. what other mods do you suggest. use will be street with maybe light strip after break in.
thanks for all your comments as they did help.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
AHHHH U GOT THE MACH1.

Dang i remember u. Hey at least it still in the same family :beer:

J/K .... Nice a new car from a used car. So did u get it from the same dealer that had ur 01Cobra?

Its just a great feeling aint it? Oh & the MACH1 are making some nice TQ Numbers.
4:10's already? Shifter should be a must & Sub Frames.
Get the stock Filter out & replace it with a K&N...not sure if ur car is o.k. to take the Air Silencer out?

Have a great time :beer:

Zate

Established Member
i am running the Mac Prochamber.. catless.. LOVe the sound (sorry no sound files) .. got 9 HP and 12 tq from it..

mach1s are responding well to gears aswell.i have the 4:30s.. you wont be dissapointed with them..hehe..

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Sweet F'ing Mach

Congrats, man...good call on the Mach...you won't regret it...the black is so stealth...If I had gotten one I would take all my stickers and badges off and go underground with that bad boy :thumbsup:

I'm happy with all my mods....top three so far are suspension, shifter, and exhaust...not necessarily in that order...and yes the silencer was out the day my K&N went in...

N20D5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
AHHHH U GOT THE MACH1.

Dang i remember u. Hey at least it still in the same family :beer:

J/K .... Nice a new car from a used car. So did u get it from the same dealer that had ur 01Cobra?

Its just a great feeling aint it? Oh & the MACH1 are making some nice TQ Numbers.
4:10's already? Shifter should be a must & Sub Frames.
Get the stock Filter out & replace it with a K&N...not sure if ur car is o.k. to take the Air Silencer out?

Have a great time :beer:

It comes from the factory with subframes on it Pois. :D

KSVENOM

Established Member
You'll love the 4.10's

I've had the Steeda Tri-Ax and 4.10's since delivery. Now 10,000 miles later, still got 26.2 mpg on a recent trip to Chicago.

Put in a CAI and it really wakes up the 32v engine. It may not be supercharged --- but you will surprise many with the linear power especially with the 4.10's. AND, everyone is always craning their neck to see that "shaker" shake!

If you go 4.10, be sure to have an aluminum girdle installed. Mine has the SVO cover which looks kinda kool from underneath.

Finally, a catback of your personal preference. I still like the FM American Thunder --- great price and minimal drone --- and the big-block girgle. Life is good
Best of luck with your new sleeper! Ken-
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

serpico

Established Member
update:
love my new toy!!!
installed k&n filtercharger from my dead 01 cobra. it may not be coldair but it really woke her up. now i can here the hood being sucked down. steeda triax in 2 weeks ago and its better than my pro 5.0 i had in my 97 cobra. still waiting on getting back from my road trip before the 4:10s go in.
kills:
99 z28
93 modded 5.0
2003 mustang gt
2003 g35
( couple of ricers but i usually don't count those )
the stealth of my black mach is great and those that know usually won't play.
i am going to go to the track this weekend to get some baseline times. i am hopping for low low 13s. its been a few years but i still practice at almost every stoplight (much to my wifes dismay).

oh and did i mention I LOVE MY CAR .......!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
mach 1 or Cobra

Well we all know the cobra can beat the Mach 1. But overall is the Cobra that much better then a Mach 1? Performance wise it is but handling is it? Milage? ect.

I was reading some forums and i lost it about how people shift 1st 3rd 4th 6th or 1st 2nd 4th 6th to save gas. How dose that work? is it really doin that much of saving? dont u get Clutch wear or trans wear or watever. What if u shift gears with out Cluth? my dad did it on a 97 Eclipsed turbocharged. will it wear it faster or save some?

Users who are viewing this thread