Guess they don't want my business

T.Bone

Established Member
They are sitting the stage. You have to agree there are some people during the cruise that shouldn't be behind a wheel of a car, no less doing smokey burn outs with people on the curb.

Last year at the downriver cruise a 57 chevy jumped the curb and hit a kid while doing a burnout.

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
I just hate the fact that a few people can ruin it for all of us just cruising

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
At every cruise there is an idiot that ruins it, as Tim said there was an accident last year at the Downriver Cruise.

Last edited:

Termin8orFox

Sideways in 3rd.....at 70
Established Member
Yeah some people shouldnt be allowed behind the wheel of a car. I believe alot of people are to blame for that accident in tenn. 1st, that is a 2,500hp car, and shouldnt have been doing a burnout, period. What if the throttle stuck and it kept on going through the crowd? 2nd, if it was allowed to do a burnout, there should have been NO ONE past where the burnout started. The event organizers are to blame, the local police, the driver, etc. Maybe people were unaware that it the car was going to do that, but I know from the many many street races I attended/watched I did NOT watch from anywhere but BEHIND the cars. Anyone who knows drag cars knows that a car setup to go straight+the crown of the road is no good. You will most likely go anywhere but straight. It is neither here nor there however. It was an accident. People died and it was a horrible thing. We all suffer now. It is just how it is going to be. My friend was down on woodward this past saturday. He said that there was probably 5,000 cars. He also said that he saw at least 15 pulled over. Damn near a cop on every corner......... It sucks ass but it is just how it is going to be from now on........ Read the story, the cops said "we do not want people cruising woodward all summer" They will just screw people and write tickets till no one goes down there anymore. In my opinion the DAY OF the dreamcruise is just a giant clusterF**K and isnt even any fun anyhow. Maybe the week before, but the day of is just worthless...........

James

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
^^^^^agreed, I feel if you just "cruise" you should be OK. If you act like an ass you should be ticketed.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Termin8orFox said:
Yeah some people shouldnt be allowed behind the wheel of a car. I believe alot of people are to blame for that accident in tenn. 1st, that is a 2,500hp car, and shouldnt have been doing a burnout, period. What if the throttle stuck and it kept on going through the crowd? 2nd, if it was allowed to do a burnout, there should have been NO ONE past where the burnout started. The event organizers are to blame, the local police, the driver, etc. Maybe people were unaware that it the car was going to do that, but I know from the many many street races I attended/watched I did NOT watch from anywhere but BEHIND the cars. Anyone who knows drag cars knows that a car setup to go straight+the crown of the road is no good. You will most likely go anywhere but straight. It is neither here nor there however. It was an accident. People died and it was a horrible thing. We all suffer now. It is just how it is going to be. My friend was down on woodward this past saturday. He said that there was probably 5,000 cars. He also said that he saw at least 15 pulled over. Damn near a cop on every corner......... It sucks ass but it is just how it is going to be from now on........ Read the story, the cops said "we do not want people cruising woodward all summer" They will just screw people and write tickets till no one goes down there anymore. In my opinion the DAY OF the dreamcruise is just a giant clusterF**K and isnt even any fun anyhow. Maybe the week before, but the day of is just worthless...........

James

Well said Bro.
I have the same thoughts.
I knew with that happening, and the press it recieved it was going to be a crack down year.

JP

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
area business should go bitch and complain.

i love how everyone comapirs the tenn- burn out crash to 99% of the cars on the road.

last i checked i have NEVER seen a pro mod car or whatever that thing was do a burn out on the street.

hell lets count the number of cars we have seen do a burnout that have made over 1000 hp? i am sure its not going to be many

****ed up ass people we need a new tragic event to get it off us car people

Users who are viewing this thread