Guess The C5 Thought It Was an OLD 5.0......

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I was driving into work, enjoying my ride when a silver C5 'Vette pulled in front of me. I could tell he got on it so I kept pace seeing if he'd play. The tag said something like "baddLS1" or something like that, I can't remember.

I was almost to work when a light turned yellow. We both stood on the brakes to catch it! I have 4% tint and the windows were up. I could tell he was giggling to his girlfriend and pointed at my car. Oh well, time to waste some of the new tire tread..........:burnout:

Light turned green and I was reminded how much I LOVE my Shelby CS1's wrapped in Nitto INVO's:-D! I yanked the 'Vette 1st through 3rd and left him with a "WTF Just Happened" face. :eek:

I rolled my window down to chat but he just turned off. It was funny how much bigger my car was sitting next to his at the light!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill OP. Its an LS1 vette on my block that im waiting to "unexpectedly" catch on the road.

Posted via Topify using Android

va boy

Established Member
This is why you should NEVER laugh at the other guys car at the stop light, esp. if your GF is with you....because you never know what the other guy has.
Great kill man, he definitely asked for it IMO.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Great kill. C5 owners should be wary of newer cars anyway, lots of fast cars today.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I was driving into work, enjoying my ride when a silver C5 'Vette pulled in front of me. I could tell he got on it so I kept pace seeing if he'd play. The tag said something like "baddLS1" or something like that, I can't remember.

I was almost to work when a light turned yellow. We both stood on the brakes to catch it! I have 4% tint and the windows were up. I could tell he was giggling to his girlfriend and pointed at my car. Oh well, time to waste some of the new tire tread..........:burnout:

Light turned green and I was reminded how much I LOVE my Shelby CS1's wrapped in Nitto INVO's:-D! I yanked the 'Vette 1st through 3rd and left him with a "WTF Just Happened" face. :eek:

I rolled my window down to chat but he just turned off. It was funny how much bigger my car was sitting next to his at the light!

Must have been a newbie C5 owner with just an intake and thought he was billy bad ass. Good kill!

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Damnit. He raced a C5, keep the C6 talk out of the thread, it seems like that is how every single thread goes now. "Well a C6 Z06 would beat it" cool, keep it on topic.

Good kill man, always good to beat people when their GF's are in the car with them

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
When i had my old c5 happened to line up to a new 5.0 didn't turn out well for me, fast forward had a guy in a c5 when i had my cobra thinking he was the fastest thing out there and my mustang was slow to bad i didn't get to show him who's boss he might have cried the way he was talking! good kill always fun to ruin corvette people when they think they are the fastest thing out there.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
When i had my old c5 happened to line up to a new 5.0 didn't turn out well for me, fast forward had a guy in a c5 when i had my cobra thinking he was the fastest thing out there and my mustang was slow to bad i didn't get to show him who's boss he might have cried the way he was talking! good kill always fun to ruin corvette people when they think they are the fastest thing out there.

You just described 5.0 and 370Z owners. :bash:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Better throw in the c6 crowd too.

:nono:

C6Z06. End. Game.

Damnit. He raced a C5, keep the C6 talk out of the thread, it seems like that is how every single thread goes now. "Well a C6 Z06 would beat it" cool, keep it on topic.

My post was in response to the above post. I feel it was on topic. :shrug:

5.0 Owner = "I rev to the moooooooooooooon" :bash::bash:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sad but true.

SixPak

Established Member
I can relate to that, being the previous owner of an LS1 Vette.

Also owned an '06 Z51 coupe.

Got schooled in both cars by terminators that left me with the WTF look, I am certain.

Anyways, thanks to GM for taking the bailout money and pissing me off, refusing to give me a taxpayer rebate on a new Corvette, I now own a 2012 Mustang GT and am out spanking the hell out of SS Camaros every chance I get.

LS1 Vettes I don't have too much problem with, but the newer ones will eat your lunch on the top end.

Anyways, the 5.0's are cheaper to mod and a lot more fun to beat up on, IMO.
And trust me, I beat the hell outta this car.

9912af2d-d16c-49a9-b946-6bb60cd57b3e_zps5fff0258.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread