guages

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
I wasnt really sure where to put this so if a mod needs to move it please feel free Im sorry if its the wrong area.

Ive been doing reading on here and svtp but I cant really figure out what to do.

Prob most of you know, ive only got like 1 part left on my eaton swap to get started (pump/tank)

I want to do guages while Im doing this. Im planning on a Vac/Boost guage, Oil press, coolant temp, raptor claw shift light. Those are my main three I can do now. Within a few months Id like to get a wideband and oil temp guage.

I want a 3 pod pillar, and 2 on the column. I want SOS but i cant find that they make a 3 pod holder I have emailed them and waiting a response.

Should I get these electric guages? Becuase Ive been trying to research and I wonder if i should get one of these livewire things and mount in the car to have everything except a shift light I suppose but i think It has that to?

Looking at it a livewire seems cheaper than 5 guages, pods, and wiring. I just dont know about it for pros/cons so im trying to do some more reading about those.

Thank you for any help, sorry for a long read.

Joey.

Last edited:

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
In my opinion, the livewire is a huge item to have suction cupped to your window at all times. Park it in the wrong place, and it'll be gone. I don't understand how companies can charge so much for gauges, but pricing an oil pressure and boost pressure gauge for my car ran me about 300 bucks with the dash pod.

I think mechanical are better than electrical, but that's me. I have nothing to support it, it's just how I feel about them.

I had a livewire in my car, and it really didn't do more than an xcal 3 did for me. yeah, it had all the gauge readings you could ever ask for, but when I was driving, I had no time to look through the gauges on the livewire to find out what was what.

I moved my livewire into my center dash above my cd player. It gave me piece of mind that people walking by wouldn't notice it as much and that it would finally be out of my windshield view.

I don't use my livewire as much as I thought I would when I bought it, and I'm not all that impressed with it.

cobra007.jpg

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Thanks for the input man. Yeah I posted on a couple other forums and everyones telling me to not waste the money on the livewire and just get guages..

But yeah for a decent product its deffinately pricey.

I to prefer the mechanicals but Im a little nervous this time with this car having fluids running through it under a good amount of pressure. So i figure hopefully electrical with be pretty acurate.

boltonmach1

Established Member
I'm not a fan of guage pods. I'm doing 2 in the instrument cluster (Plain green digital guages) and also going to do a aeroforce gauge later. Just trying to keep the interior as stock as looking as possible.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I want a 3 pod pillar, and 2 on the column. I want SOS but i cant find that they make a 3 pod holder I have emailed them and waiting a response.

Joey.

Something sort of like this for the column?

DSC00107.jpg

Personally, if I could do it over again I would get rid of the a pillar gauges and just run Aeroforce gauges where those two gauges are.
Like that sleeper look.

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Thanks guys deffinatly helping me with this.

How does the aeroforce thing work? Is it one big screen or is it one guage and you select funcitons?

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Well let me hear some more opinons. Heres what im thinking... 2 inteceptors and the SOS pod. Ive been trying to study them and I guess the only thing I would actully need otherwise would be the kits they sell for boost since ill have the eaton swap? anything else it seems it will do everything else through the OBD-II

Users who are viewing this thread