GTR vs Cobra Round 2!

sfadchi

Established Member
[youtube_browser]a7reTmz7U68[/youtube_browser]

On the way home I agreed to give him a 40-140 on the streets last night if he would agree to run me 40-140 next week with at least a passenger seat and a passenger. So this run is him gutted and me with a passenger.

[youtube_browser]s2aoh6zRODw[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
wow man that's a great run.. congrats for only losing 1 car-ish to a 750rwhp Cobra, that's awesome.

obZidian

Established Member
Something ain't right with frank's car. That car should be WAY over the mid 135mph and you being a MAX 130mph even then the as whooping should of been by more.

Also, @ 1:33 looks like frank slammed on the brakes. You can hear him get out of it a short shift. So, I hope you not considering that a win. Furthermore, 11.22 @ 124mph? You know it has more than that in it, you're were a shelby owner! :)

Last edited:

sfadchi

Established Member
Something ain't right with frank's car. That car should be WAY over the mid 135mph and you being a MAX 130mph even then the as whooping should of been by more.

Also, @ 1:33 looks like frank slammed on the brakes. You can hear him get out of it a short shift. So, I hope you not considering that a win. Furthermore, 11.22 @ 124mph? You know it has more than that in it, you're were a shelby owner! :)

I consider all three wins, I don't give a shit if he ran threw oil, shit himself, or started projectile vomiting down the track. He had the car tuned by Paul@Torq just yesterday before he came to the track. He red lighted on the first race and I still beat him across the stripe. I'm not bench racing like you are, I'm actually running my car where there's a clear winner and loser, not what could have been or should have been! In this case, I clearly beat him 3 times in a row. I could have ran much quicker but I was trying out some new beta TCM LC maps for COBB, but if I would have lost, I would have lost. It's pretty simple.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ good runs man :thumbsup: maybe when I ship my car to AL we can meet up and run somewhere.. I think it would be some good runs.. problem is that we'd have to meet up somewhere.

sfadchi

Established Member

Just incase your eyes and ears were playing tricks on you, I remade the video of the first pass and slowed things down for you.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZgloG74bEY"]YouTube - Pass1[/nomedia]

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Great runs OP,

BUT you are beating the driver not the car. That has to be the worse driven 3.4 whipple cobra I have ever seen. That guy should give up, he can't drive to save his life. There is more to owning a car than putting a bunch of cool parts on it and baller rims. That guy seems like a poser, no actual skill at all just alot of talk. That could be why it doesn't run very good aswell. Idiot owners usually make idiot decisions when it comes to setting up their car. That car with that power should be DEEP into the ten's and if your GTR is stock it should have no chance. But like you said run what you brung and a win is a win. That cobra driver should not video tape himself racing for his own sake. LOL

obZidian

Established Member
I consider all three wins, I don't give a shit if he ran threw oil, shit himself, or started projectile vomiting down the track. He had the car tuned by Paul@Torq just yesterday before he came to the track. He red lighted on the first race and I still beat him across the stripe. I'm not bench racing like you are, I'm actually running my car where there's a clear winner and loser, not what could have been or should have been! In this case, I clearly beat him 3 times in a row. I could have ran much quicker but I was trying out some new beta TCM LC maps for COBB, but if I would have lost, I would have lost. It's pretty simple.

If you say so... you know damn well that car has more in it than the way it ran.

Also, what did you expect? That your GTR wasn't going to be as consistent as ever and not get him at the track while he has to ACTUALLY drive his car? You cut some sick 60ft's before, what happened, you forgot already? One thing is for sure, he did match your 60ft. with your AUTO/AWD car so those "wins" aren't as sweet as you make them out to be.

Avenger

Established Member
Ahahah, this thing should trap 135mph on a bad run... Guy can't drive to save his life ! :sleeping:

You have the slower car, doesn't mean you can't win. You have a fast Shelby so I guess you already know that... :shrug:

Good runs ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
ya the gtr won but everyone should agree that guy cant shift for shit and is your air bad there or wtf? "3.4 whipple 750hp gutted cobra" trapping 118?

uhhhhhhhh, somethings f'ed.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Should'nt that cobra be runnin better than low 11's ? Im thinkin he should be runnin middle 10's with that power. JMO

There is a guy on here running almost mid 9s with a STOCK longblock, stock 6spd in a full weight car with a 3.4L Whipple. That sucks this car is gutted and "fully built" but can only run 11s. :lol:

[youtube_browser]F4w6xgRoYRE[/youtube_browser]

Anything can happen though, not every car runs the same. He shoulda coulda ran anything, it is what it is. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
i dont think anyone can drive that bad...lol...something has to be up with that car his mph should be there regardless unless he is going from 2nd to 5th....lol...118 mph? something aint right...

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I really need to make to to down south florida this dec.

that trap speed is horrible. I mean ok.. I havent even gone passed the 10.99 mark but im not gutted on slicks or et streets built to the hills car either. hell I could understand a bad time but with a high mph.. somethings up with this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread