GTP vs 3v Mustang GT

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
So I was out for a cruise the other night in the GTP. And a 3v GT with 2 dudes in it. Probably like 23-24 yrs old, came flying up beside me. The car sounded like it had some exhaust work. When they got up next to me I gave it a little gas to let them hear my blower. I then heard the driver down shift to 2 gear so I knew he was ready to go. So I just hammer it in D and downshift to 2nd at about 45 mph...we both take off at about the same time...WALKED! About 3-4 lengths to 100 mph and still pulling hard. So that was my fun for the night. Needless to say they didn't want a rematch haha. That's my story and I'm sticking too it. Happy reading! :beer:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Do you put Lucas oil in the crankcase of your GTP too? If so then I'm surprised that you didn't pull even more on him.....

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
What all do you have done to it? I know back in the day my supervisor had a stock 99 or 2000 and a guy with a new stock 02 Mustang GT raced him. He barely pulled on the Mustang.

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
What all do you have done to it? I know back in the day my supervisor had a stock 99 or 2000 and a guy with a new stock 02 Mustang GT raced him. He barely pulled on the Mustang.

It's got a decent amount done to it. It's got an Intense S1X cam, which is just a mild cam but still makes good power...105# springs, ZZP headers, CAI, ported S/C, ported LIM, 3.29 gears (stock is 2.93), a 3.4'' pulley (stock is 3.8), and it's power tuned with a wideband. 19-20* WOT timing and 11.5 AFR. Its a strong runner and a sleeper.

Also a stock GTP should lose to a stock m5 2v 99-04 GT but the auto 2v GT's usually lose stock for stock. From what i've seen anyway.

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
^^LMAO or a chip lol

OP good kill, i ran a fairly stock one in my 02 gt and i put a solid length on it, they arent slow for 4drs, and if modded i could see them putting a length or 2 on me

Thanks. Yeah they move a lot better than most think. Plus they are fun as hell to drive on the street with all that low end TQ.

4.6mustang5.0

ModularFive.ohohoh
Established Member
yeah he started the race with the 3 honks at the stoplight, i thought it was funny so i just went with it, and he it and i was like dayumm... i had to get into it lol, kinda was embarrasing for me to have to run down a 4dr lol

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
yeah he started the race with the 3 honks at the stoplight, i thought it was funny so i just went with it, and he it and i was like dayumm... i had to get into it lol, kinda was embarrasing for me to have to run down a 4dr lol

Haha yeah. A simple pulley swap, exhaust and tune will net them around 40-50 hp. And can let them break into the 13's.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
So I was out for a cruise the other night in the GTP. And a 3v GT with 2 dudes in it. Probably like 23-24 yrs old, came flying up beside me. The car sounded like it had some exhaust work. When they got up next to me I gave it a little gas to let them hear my blower. I then heard the driver down shift to 2 gear so I knew he was ready to go. So I just hammer it in D and downshift to 2nd at about 45 mph...we both take off at about the same time...WALKED! About 3-4 lengths to 100 mph and still pulling hard. So that was my fun for the night. Needless to say they didn't want a rematch haha. That's my story and I'm sticking too it. Happy reading! :beer:

You read his story wrong, he's the one that lost.:lol1:

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
I had a '00 GTP, with DHP PCM, 2.4" pulley, CAI, and catless downpipe and I ran consistent 13.60's @ 104 with a best ever of 13.47 @ 105. The OP's car I'd assume is somewhere around 110 or better so do doubt he walked a 3V.

I ran and pulled on (slightly) a 3V in my 3.7L V6 that I'd rented 3 weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread