GTO v/s Cobra

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
My first race with a Cobra. I had a bad pass (mid 12's) I don't know what happen to the gray Cobra, they pushed back. Maybe a rear end. I think the guy in the white Cobra was distracted by them making his G/F get out of the car.I know he had a bad light.

The video's below.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqrcYqdgf6w"]Bristol Dragway 20110505 (2) - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yeah the Cobra driver was definitely distracted but none the less good kill!

BTW that's one fast GTO you got! I always admire the LSX motors, easy to build and get power out of them.

bleedout

Established Member
Kill??? Idk dude in the Cobra was either sleeping at the light or very inexperienced at the strip. Id like to see that race with someone who can rowrhe gears lol. Nice GTO tho man. Always like those 6.0 goats

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
What did the cobra end up running and what's done to your car?

I don't remember what the Cobra ran. That time slip wasn't a keeper. My car is N/A, cam and boltons. Stock bottom end and stock heads. LS7 clutch and 391's.

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
yea I read that but honestly agree with above statement that it was probably a joke.

hhhhmmm I actually did not know that, but thanks for the info.:beer:

Ya, It's a joke. That's a given.
Bristol let's you have a passenger, if your a 14sec car or slower. I'm sure the track officials knew the Cobra was faster then that.

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
Oh, by the way. There are lots of Mustangs at the Bristol "street fights" that can give me 3 lights on the tree, and still take my money.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Ya, It's a joke. That's a given.
Bristol let's you have a passenger, if your a 14sec car or slower. I'm sure the track officials knew the Cobra was faster then that.

Ive personally seen terminators do worse than 13.5 then come back around and do a 12.7, so some people are still learning how to control that beast

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Ive personally seen terminators do worse than 13.5 then come back around and do a 12.7, so some people are still learning how to control that beast

Yup, that's what happened to me the first time out with the Cobra.
Got a 13.5, then a 13.2 and on the third try a 12.7@112.
That's when it was bone stock.

Users who are viewing this thread