• Pontiac GTO

Votes: 29 100.0%
  • Chevy SSR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
The SSR is hideous. The only one's I've seen on the road have dealer tags on the back. They may break Prowler's lot-life records, there are still a few Prowlers new in showrooms, and the Prowler is 500% cooler then the SSR for the same $. What a stupid idea that truck-thing is.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
It would be the GTO with not a doubt in my mind. The SSR is the most hideous production vehicle I ever seen. They should have kept that ugly bastard as a clay model and nothing else.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
I started to like Ford more than Chevy when they killed the CamBird and started puttin out shit like the SSR... sonsabitches.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Someone came up to my work in an SSR and me and some of the techs were all checking it out. It wasn't THAT bad. Not the prettiest bt wasn't the worst.

I'd take the GTO simply because it's more practical, faster, and if I wanted a truck, I'd buy a truck. Not a crossbreed.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
I wouldn't buy either. If someone put a gun to my head and told me that I HAD to choose, I'd say,"Pull the f***ing trigger you puss!!! What are you, CHICKEN?!?!"

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
the GTO is 1,000,000 x's better than the SSR, but I wouldn't want either...If I had no choice I'd have a head and cammed GTO w/ a whipple on top.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
GTO!!!

The GTO is a pretty impressive car. Everyone rips on it because of the boring styling and the fact that it is slower than a Cobra. However it is still one of the cooler cars on the road.

I would take a GTO over any Mustang that is not a 2003 or later SVT Cobra.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
GTO!!!

The GTO is a pretty impressive car. Everyone rips on it because of the boring styling and the fact that it is slower than a Cobra. However it is still one of the cooler cars on the road.

I would take a GTO over any Mustang that is not a 2003 or later SVT Cobra.
4 u only...Mach 1 or GTO, assuming that there is the real price difference.

sjw985

Established Member
If I absolutely had to buy one, GTO. While the GTO exterior is boring, I actively dislike the SSR's styling. From a drivetrain and performance perspective the winner is GTO hands down.

That being said, I'd rather just keep my '03 Cobra.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
4 u only...Mach 1 or GTO, assuming that there is the real price difference.

GTO. It has a usable backseat a much nicer interior, an LS1 and a T56.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
GTO. I don't really think the SSR is bad looking at all, but it's impractical, overpriced and too slow for what it pretends to be. A Ford Thunderbird would dust it off and a Prowler would too. The SSR should have gotten the Z06 motor simply because its barely even a truck. It doesn't need a truck motor. It needs horsepower and gobs of tire melting torque and a manual tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread