GTO mods and longevity?

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Stopped by my local Pontiac dealer this Sunday and gave the new Goat a good once-over.

First off, if it's left up to the dealers, 85% of them will be slush boxes.

Stick your head under the butt end and take a gander at the rear end. It makes the "weak" IRS in my Cobra look like a Rockwell axle from a duece-and-a-half.

Sorry, but the Goat IRS looks down right spindly. (not to mention the tiny brakes). The half shafts and carrier are all literally half sized from an engineering standpoint. If they're going to put the LS-6 mill in there with any kind of traction they'll have em' stacked 8 deep for warranty work if they don't work on the rear.

Not to mention how well these cars will take mods off the lot as designed now (ouch).:shrug:

CLUTCH

Established Member
From what i've heard from the Aussies the DANA rear isn't that bad and does just fine. The limits i'm not sure of and i'm sure with some slicks and hard launches you could do some damage in a bad way.

From the speed shops i haven't heard of any problems yet. Next year the LS2 is going in without any rear end mods that i'm aware of but with some bigger brakes.

My confidence gets better if the 395ft lb from the LS2 comes with the same rear end i got.

Users who are viewing this thread