GT500 ?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
There are far more out there owned by late teens and low 20's guys than older guys.

All the lower mileage ones I have seen even that were single owner, were beaten each and every time they were driven too.

so they are owned by teens that have another car that they DD and keep a shelby around to only drive when they beat the shit out of it?

if you want to see low mile cars that are beat to shit check out some hellcats.

PM-Performance

Established Member
so they are owned by teens that have another car that they DD and keep a shelby around to only drive when they beat the shit out of it?

if you want to see low mile cars that are beat to shit check out some hellcats.
I am not saying all, but there is a VERY large portion of them that are.
As someone who spent months looking for one recently and looking at them country wide, its pretty obvious if you dig hard enough. Newer ones are worse than the 07-09 ones though.
Im just saying, be more scared of the lower mileage ones than the higher mileage ones. The higher mileage were usually being DD'd and driven normally as they couldn't afford for them to break.
Lower mileage ones alot of times were not a primary car and were only driven to beat the shit out of them and to the track and back. Mine is a perfect example of that scenario.

PM-Performance

Established Member
^^^ While I agree with much of what you said, not all GT-500 owners beat on their cars (ie. routinely race them). No more than all Terminator owners beat on their's. Sure, it could that more do than don't, but there are definitely GT-500s out there that have not been routinely raced/driven hard. Regular maintenance has a lot to do with engine longevity, too. Which is why patience and common sense are big factors when looking for the right GT-500. Especially if you really want a low mileage, 1-owner car. The more you learn about the car AND the owner, the better. Which is why I always that people to find out if a car's owner is a member of a forum like SVTPerformance. You'd be surprised how much you can learn by browsing an owner's posts.
View attachment 1617471

agreed.
Deff gotta do your homework. I saved my ass by not buying one after getting creative with google searches and finding he was a member on multiple forums and whole side was redone due to riding a guardrail.
PS: still was a clean carfax. Lol.
I found so much craziness when searching for mine.
I started adding info to Vinwiki to the crazy ones I found hidden gotchas on as I was shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread