GT500 wheels on GT

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Do you guys know if GT500 wheels will fit a 2008 mustang GT without modifications? Or would spacers be needed?

Chris06GT

Established Member
They will fit fine..no clearance problems will occur...no spacers are needed either...should bolt right on...

Chris

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
my gf's s/ced gt has oem gt500 wheels. theres a pic on page 4 of the pics of your s-197 thread. her car is silver w/ a parchment top.

Last edited:

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
post pics if you do it

The car is actually my brothers, but I'll get some pictures tonight. The car doesn't have any issues like mentioned before. They bolted on nicely. My brothers concern now is that the front tires have about an inch of clearance. He's scared that if he lowers the car, it might rub. Should lowering it cause any issues?

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
my gf's s/ced gt has oem gt500 wheels. theres a pic on page 4 of the pics of your s-197 thread. her car is silver w/ a parchment top.

Just saw your girls car, looks good. How much of a drop did the springs lower her car? I'm guessing it would also be different on a vert. opposed to a coup, right?

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
You can get replica GT500 wheels for considerably less than OEM. To the untrained eye they look just like the real thing, but they retail for $150 a piece rather than whatever Ford/FRPP charges.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Just saw your girls car, looks good. How much of a drop did the springs lower her car? I'm guessing it would also be different on a vert. opposed to a coup, right?[/QUOT

She put the Ford lowering kit on there i think it droped it 1 3/4 inches. Its pretty low.

TireBurner

LongBall poster
Established Member
They should bolt up fine and look pretty good at the same time! If you don't mind me asking how much can you get some for?

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
Here are some pictures

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

Black GT500 Wheels

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread