GT500 vs ZL1 at Speedworld by HotRod mag

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Pretty decent review, no BS real world stuff...the guy in the stang is as slow as me at the strip! However he ran a 12.44 best with DR's? hell I did that with stock tires! :lol1:

all in all good stuff....both good cars just I prefer the stang over the maro :beer:

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
Pretty decent review, no BS real world stuff...the guy in the stang is as slow as me at the strip! However he ran a 12.44 best with DR's? hell I did that with stock tires! :lol1:

all in all good stuff....both good cars just I prefer the stang over the maro :beer:

High IAT's killed both cars. It was a rather humid morning, as well as 103-105 that day.

It definetly wasn't due to track prep or tire. :D

Franz just took delivery of his car yesterday afternoon, and once he get's a few miles on the motor, we will go do some "testing" ;-)

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Do any of you miss 2nd very often? I am going to order an MGW but he made it sound like missing 2nd was an inherent defect in the car.

rford13

Established Member
I never miss 2nd and I thought the video was lame. You can't have a limp wrist driving the GT500...

peteypab2133

Established Member
That video was pretty cool. Glad it was just the real world and nothing else, I could have even done without the track times...

The both sound nasty though for being stock.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
In 1600 miles, I've only missed 2nd once and went into 5th instead of 3rd a couple of times...unless there is a defect in that specific shifter or operator error, no these shifters are no way as bad as he just portrayed them. But I will say this, I don't know what the shifter is in my '04 as the 1st owner put it in...if I put that brand of shifter in this '13, there will be no more problems. In 32k miles in my '04 I've never missed a shift.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Good review and the only time you will miss 2nd is if you shift too fast it's a design flaw and a better shifter helps a lot to cure it or just slow down your 1-2 shift. I shift faster from 2-3 then i do the 1-2 to keep from getting the grind/lockout and plan to get a new shifter over the winter.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
High IAT's killed both cars. It was a rather humid morning, as well as 103-105 that day.

It definetly wasn't due to track prep or tire. :D

Franz just took delivery of his car yesterday afternoon, and once he get's a few miles on the motor, we will go do some "testing" ;-)

it was definitely hot as hell that day....similar to the day I ran my car down the track. I have also missed 2nd once and that was a rushed shift. It definitely isnt as bad as the guy made it seem. However I agree a aftermarket one will be much better.

Looking forward to the testing you and franz do....ill also be heading back to the track soon, hopefully with some DR's and also to get more seat time try to knock my ET's down :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread