GT500 vs FC RX7, No go for the 5.0

Speedboosted

Established Member
Stuck in traffic on my way home a few days ago, windows down but no loud music. A red rx7 flies past me, even though we're all still in traffic, and stares at me as he goes by. after a couple minutes my lane starts to clear up so I give it some gas in second and let the guy in the FC hear the Roush's sing. Not long after we get through the jam and he's actually just behind me so I keep going slow and wait for him to get in the other lane. He pulls up next to me and as I'm motioning to countdown he just takes off lol. I'm in 4th at like 40 at that point so I make my best attempt to drop it to second (trans really didn't like that one) and get going. I rung out second, slam third and immediately am right in his trunk. We go through some traffic with him flooring it, me directly behind him at about 50% throttle in third and creeping up more (about 80 mph), once we clear the other vehicles I jump out and mash it, quickly jog past, hit fourth and run to about 115 then shut it down being ahead by about 6 cars. He surprisingly doesn't do the fly by, but catches up and is just smiling and says "That was awesome man!". I return the compliment and ask him to go again,of course he agrees. Slow down to about 55, I leave it in third since the freeway has some rough patches here and there. I give him the hit and we're actually even for a couple seconds, then the boost climbs with the rpms and I have about 4 cars at the top of third, slam 4th and pull a few buses? to about 130. I have a tough time staring in the mirror at that speed so I couldn't give a good number, but it was definitely more than the first race. Catches up again but I've got to take my exit so I say goodbye and get off.

His car was turbo'd, and had a hole in the hood for the intake, and exhaust, not sure what else. It was quick, faster than the 3v I raced in the same spot a few weeks prior.

Also, if you guys remember my last run-in with a black 5.0 a couple months ago...well I met captian douche once again :)
Last Saturday night on my way home from the track I hear him screwing around a block over so I take a detour to go find him. I was successful and as I pull alongside, he tried to avoid me but after yelling at him he looked over. I said "Hey buddy, wanna go run on XXX street?" He stares directly at the cobra badge on the side of the car, then the big drag radials on the back, then looks down at HIS center console and....turns off into McDonalds hahaha.

I feel bad for the kid, so immature and annoying, I think it would've been fun. (He's stock except for the Roush AB's)

FYI, the car is making a lot more than 507 now, it trapped 123.8 earlier that night

Users who are viewing this thread