Gt500 vs c6 myth busted

Poppacapp

Established Member
1st 1/4 mile is a good reference for both cars as far as the myth bust.
mustangs are not geared for 1/2 mile. its a waste of time to race in over drive...

I am not talking about dig racing though.. highway roll racing..from say 40-140.. if your car does not trap 140 in the 1/4, why is roll racing from 40mph up a waste? I guess I just prefer roll racing because there are less driveline parts to worry about breaking... and sadly... NOTHING is cheap on these GT500's. :whine:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You are the one with sand in your vag :thumbsup: Sorry that the truth makes you :nonono: If you have never heard of it. Then it's probably because you do it. Much like ricers don't realize they are ricers :lol1: The myth is all gt500 needs x amount of power to run with a c6z and yes it is a myth.

You are living proof of this statement.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
1st 1/4 mile is a good reference for both cars as far as the myth bust.
mustangs are not geared for 1/2 mile. its a waste of time to race in over drive...

That has nothing to do with the fact the GT500 jumped...and we all agree was only behind when the race shut down...but the Z06 was rolling hard past him. Like mentioned earlier. The video was less than 10 seconds...showed the Z06 fall to his bumper and then was almost completely off camera screen when done. That is not gonna happen if one car only has a 1-2 more than the other. There was a solid 4-5 mph difference. That is what everyone is talking about.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I forget how all gt500s run the same. Oh wait they don't :lol:

Unless traction is a huge issues similar weight gt500s with a 100hp difference aren't going to be a close race. They'll have similar gearing, power curves, aerodynamics, etc.

You're acting like its common that gt500s with 100 hp less than another gt500 will win in a race.

I mean of course drivers may vary and small things but that doesn't mean much because that goes for ANY car.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Unless traction is a huge issues similar weight gt500s with a 100hp difference aren't going to be a close race. They'll have similar gearing, power curves, aerodynamics, etc.

You're acting like its common that gt500s with 100 hp less than another gt500 will win in a race.

I mean of course drivers may vary and small things but that doesn't mean much because that goes for ANY car.

Yes I am saying that I have seen first hand. A gt500 down 100 to another gt500 and pull it ;-)

61mmstang94

Established Member
Yes I am saying that I have seen first hand. A gt500 down 100 to another gt500 and pull it ;-)

And it was driver skill and/or traction....not the car.

Which is what I said, that we could use that in any scenario with any car.

Proof from many experiments done over and over does not show a gt500 with 80 more hp being even with a Z.

Of course I can shift slowly in the Z, start in the wrong gear, etc and lose to the gt500 but it says nothing about the cars....just the drivers :read:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
And it was driver skill and/or traction....not the car.

Which is what I said, that we could use that in any scenario with any car.

Proof from many experiments done over and over does not show a gt500 with 80 more hp being even with a Z.

Of course I can shift slowly in the Z, start in the wrong gear, etc and lose to the gt500 but it says nothing about the cars....just the drivers :read:

Wrong again. The driver was average and traction was not a issue :rolling:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Wrong again. The driver was average and traction was not a issue :rolling:

Well I suppose if its a common occurrence, for equal weight and traction gt500s to race and the one with 100 less HP wins there should be plenty of videos.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Well I suppose if its a common occurrence, for equal weight and traction gt500s to race and the one with 100 less HP wins there should be plenty of videos.

I am sure he has seen it because he was the guy in the GT500 with 100 less hp. I can only imagine the outcome is almost same as the original video in this thread, Jumping first and shutting down early can skew all sorts of race outcomes LOL.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol... Damn red, you getting the beatdown of a lifetime. Give it up man, not even your hard "i bleed ferd bleu" fanboys side with you.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Beat down? Lol not at all. Lke I said I have a vid me being down big time in power to another gt500 and pulled him back in after he took the hit.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
You should have just said "Not even stealing the hit and bad ass driving can hold off a C6 Z0." People would have praised your driving rather than bashing you because you're too wrapped up in your car being an extension of you that you get butt hurt when you clearly lose.

Who cares, unless I'm incorrect you didn't engineer any of the parts for it. You just put parts that other people made on a car that other people made, it's more on them then you how the car performs. Your shifting couldn't be better so the car is what it is in this race, slower.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
You should have just said "Not even stealing the hit and bad ass driving can hold off a C6 Z0." People would have praised your driving rather than bashing you because you're too wrapped up in your car being an extension of you that you get butt hurt when you clearly lose.

Who cares, unless I'm incorrect you didn't engineer any of the parts for it. You just put parts that other people made on a car that other people made, it's more on them then you how the car performs. Your shifting couldn't be better so the car is what it is in this race, slower.

It's funny to me how a decent running gt500 can make people :nonono: Not every car runs the same. This has been proven time and time again :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread