GT500 vacuum hose routing ?

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
While on the topic of GT500 vacuum hose routing, is this port in the front of the lower intake the primary location for boost/vac reference that you guys use?

On the 2v L/HDs it's a port on the drivers side top area of the midplate. Just wanted to confirm this is the equivalent source on the GT500 setup. I know functionally it'll work, but just wanted to see how it's setup on the stock ones. On the 2v it's a pressed in barb. On the 4v is this an NPT to barb stock?

I've already got NPT to AN fittings and planning on hooking it up to my Fore boost/vac block, just wanted to see what others are doing.

GT110.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It appears to be the same thing, although our manifolds have a barb pressed into the intake. There are no other provisions on the manifold, so you'd have to drill and tap the intake for a second location. The original port is hooked up to the fuel rail pressure sensor.

323174419671_1.jpg.jpg

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
interesting yours is a pressed in barb, that's what I would have expected for being OEM. Now I wonder if mine is threaded because the Cobra Jet lower came that way, or if the previous owner tapped that hole (but the manifold was brand new, I didn't think they did anything at all with it). Either way works out as I would have drilled/tapped it for NPT to AN anyway.

Thanks for the info. I may try and route the vac right beneath the lower intake to the back side of the motor to help clean things up.

Users who are viewing this thread