GT500 tuning issues

rflowers5

Hey guys......installed a 2.3 Shelby take off blower using my current tune in the car and the car ran well.....installed a mega elbow bought from VMP and a 67mm throttle body and the car would not idle....car just climbed up t 2000 rpm and then would come back down eventually.....car felt like it was getting no fuel......understand that tune was needed....have the SCT3 ford tuner and installed a 93race tune from Bama Tunes following the SCT3 tuner instructions as I have lifetime tunes.......tune loaded as specified......started car and car bucked, sounded like a bracket car with the lumpty lump and finally the idle came back down for 2 grand to 900 or so.......let the car sit at bit......restarted the car and got error codes of P0171 and P0174.....lean bank one and two....installed the 91 tune, car indicated failsafe and stopped....reinstalled the 93r to get it home and this is where it sets......talked to Bama Tunes this morning and they are going over the car mod sheet to see if something was left off during the tune file creation........

anyone had this problem.....my colleague who has the same setup but with a Lund tunes says its is the tune file.....

help!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Its the tune file. You would be better off getting tune by a different tuner. Someone that could dyno tune it would be better.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hey guys......installed a 2.3 Shelby take off blower using my current tune in the car and the car ran well.....installed a mega elbow bought from VMP and a 67mm throttle body and the car would not idle....car just climbed up t 2000 rpm and then would come back down eventually.....car felt like it was getting no fuel......understand that tune was needed....have the SCT3 ford tuner and installed a 93race tune from Bama Tunes following the SCT3 tuner instructions as I have lifetime tunes.......tune loaded as specified......started car and car bucked, sounded like a bracket car with the lumpty lump and finally the idle came back down for 2 grand to 900 or so.......let the car sit at bit......restarted the car and got error codes of P0171 and P0174.....lean bank one and two....installed the 91 tune, car indicated failsafe and stopped....reinstalled the 93r to get it home and this is where it sets......talked to Bama Tunes this morning and they are going over the car mod sheet to see if something was left off during the tune file creation........

anyone had this problem.....my colleague who has the same setup but with a Lund tunes says its is the tune file.....

help!

You, sir, need a tune.

http://vmptuning.com/vmp-custom-tunes/gt500tune/

Let us know if we can answer any further questions, otherwise that link takes you where you need to go for a custom tune.

bj

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com

help!

Hey rflowers5 - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with their tune - That's no way to enjoy your car! Just like any other car out there some fine tuning's going to be necessitated and I'd like to have Bama's Lead Tuner shoot you a call about this today. Can you drop me a line with your email address and order info and I'll make sure they get you fixed up in no time!

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread