gt500 trans in lightning

Landan@Latemodel

Established Member
If you aren't a member on lightning rodder, I would join up. There's a guy over on that forum that did a manual tranny swap. He could probably answer your question.

Dusten

Established Member
The t-56 has been swapped in a few trucks(2-3) but no one has one that works 100%. I think banshee still lacks a speedo and something else.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
It's been done. Works fine.

Auto to manual isn't hard in these trucks. No one does it because it's not a "bolt on" IMO.

Figured out how to fix my speedo, just don't feel like it being down another 2-3 weeks. Any ford trans should work nicely with the stock speedo.

Read:
[ame="http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59674"]6 speed gen 2 info thread - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com[/ame]

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I think most people don't do it because most of the guys that drive these don't want sticks.

Dusten

Established Member
Yeah that too. Doesnt make sense since a lot of them see the track. Missing gears isnt worth a damn at the track.

That and I like to just be lazy and cruise in the L. When I want to bang gears Im typically going around corners and thats what my cobra and CTS-V are for. Props to you for doing it, don't think im taking anything away.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
BANSHEE MAN, How do you fix the speedo issue?
D&D performance said i need to machine the speed sensor on the transmission to accept the bigger terminator speed sensor and should work fine. I will probably save up for a shop to do this because i dont feel like attempting to pull the tail section of the trans. Id hate to screw something up. Plus doing it on jackstands isnt fun. Although this is VERY easy trans to drop/install compared to the big ole 4r100. I will be damned if i ever drop another 4r100 again!
That and I like to just be lazy and cruise in the L. When I want to bang gears Im typically going around corners and thats what my cobra and CTS-V are for. Props to you for doing it, don't think im taking anything away.
I hear ya. My DD is a manual and i hate every min of it. I just want to cruise most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread