gt500 track times...

blackstang05

Established Member
I posted a few weeks ago and my best was 11.60 at 120 mph...1.69 60'....after i installed 3.73's aluminum d/s and steeda shifter i took her back to run a 11.34 at 119...1.63 60'....i am amazed with the suspension....the car has been lowered with eibach springs and all other suspension is stone stock! these times were in worse weather than i had a few weeks ago...so i know she has more left in her...

question # 1.....is my mph low or it about right?
#2 i am having problems with my d/s hitting the trans tunnel on take off and when i shift to second gear...whats the easiest fix for this....

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Ummm.....Can you tell us what kind of car you drive and what mods you have???

Dwight are you getting old? Lol. It says at the top gt500.:beer:

What kind of power are you making, what does your car weigh and what was the da on the day you ran? This will tell us if your mph is low or not?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
LOL...

Obviously your car has tires, however other than the gear swap do you have any other mods that will increase your power output? Intake? Exhaust?

blackstang05

Established Member
sorry guys....the car has full bassani exhaust with long tubes 2.6 upper ,jlt intake,aluminum driveshaft, steeda shifter, 3.73 gears, moroso overflow take, steeda heat exchanger...running on 26" ET Streets launching about 5500.....i can say the best run was on the 1.68 60 ft. the next run i had was when it went the 1.63 but had to let out due to the back of the car starting to walk real bad

Last edited:

03SonicCobra

Got NX?
Established Member
I would say that your mph is normal because my friend is running 127 with pretty much the same setup except for the pulley and a 4:10.

Users who are viewing this thread