Gt500 timing with Vancouver B.C gas

wheelin

Established Member
Guys I'm curious what timing you are able to run.I have a trinity 2.73 pulley,123mm intake,65mm throttle body and vmp heat xchanger. With our terrible 94 chevron I'm only able to run 15 degrees. My knock sensor wasn't retarding timing but the dyno shop hooked there's up and 18-16 degrees they say had knock.

Mike

Blackmax

Established Member
Guys I'm curious what timing you are able to run.I have a trinity 2.73 pulley,123mm intake,65mm throttle body and vmp heat xchanger. With our terrible 94 chevron I'm only able to run 15 degrees. My knock sensor wasn't retarding timing but the dyno shop hooked there's up and 18-16 degrees they say had knock.

Mike

Who was your shop?

a_gorman

Established Member
Do you have any Petroleum Canada's with 94? I have run that or Husky 94 and had no issues with 17-18 degrees of timing here in Alberta.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You could always run a little torco for more timing but 17-18 should be doable on 94. On the dyno i did 20 degrees on 91oct just to see and it didn't pull timing. A/f is at 11.1-11.2 though so something isn't right.

wheelin

Established Member
Yes there was a dyno session with them running the dyno and Lund doing the tune. Lund said my knock sensor was not pulling timing but the shop insisted that there knock sensor was picking knock up. My vmp xchanger was not on but I know IT'S were threw the roof.

Blackmax

Established Member
Yes Lund knows his stuff he was little frustrated with the dyno tuner

Then I guess you can either make a 3500 mile drive to Florida or find another local tuner. You could do remote tuning but without the right gauges that you know are calibrated etc. its time consuming and risky.

Users who are viewing this thread