GT500 Throttle Body on a 2.3 TVS

Pruitt146

Established Member
I have a TVS with 3.0 upper and 4lb lower and I'm using 93 + Torco. I should be making ~22psi once the car is ready to tune. I currently have an Accufab with JLT ram air. My tuner needs the Accufab for his car so I can sell it very easy. My question of course is the GT500 tb worth the $850 to upgrade?

greenflash00

Established Member
From what I've seen no, not really. I've yet to see an apples to apples comparison with the GT500 vs Accufab but if you already have the accufab...keep it. The dyno sheets I have seen between the two on different cars don't seem to show enough difference to justify it if you already have the af.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm going to do the GT500 over the accufab when I get a TVS. I was like everyone else and didn't think it was worth it, but in Wicked46's build he went from a gen 1 tvs accufab to a gen 2 tvs GT500 setup with a bigger MAF and intake system. He said he can tell a huge difference, I don't know how much of it was the TB but I figured if he can tell there are gains I'm going to do it.

You really need to go e85.

Last edited:

Pruitt146

Established Member
I'm going to do the GT500 over the accufab when I get a TVS. I was like everyone else and didn't think it was worth it, but in Wicked46's build he went from a gen 1 tvs accufab to a gen 2 tvs GT500 setup with a bigger MAF and intake system. He said he can tell a huge difference, I don't know how much of it was the TB but I figured if he can tell there are gains I'm going to do it.

You really need to go e85.

Well as I mentioned I can sell the Accufab very quickly so I figure I'd have about $550 in the swap. Just don't want to spend the money if the gains aren't there. I also considered selling my gen 1 and picking up a gen 2 with the GT500 setup.

I don't use e85 because in upstate SC there is one chain that carries it and its not consistent from what I've been told.

gabe1530

Banned
i would keep the accufab tb unless you plan on running over 21lbs of boost. the gt500 tb is only worth it once you live up to its potential by forcing as much air as possible through it.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm only at 18 psi with the gt500 tb and honestly my numbers are nothing to brag about. I do plan on e85 and 21-22 psi in the future though. Op if you already have accufab I'd run that. I highly doubt you'll see much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread