GT500 Target

stanger1

Established Member
Group,
Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I have had my 13 GT500 for about 9 months now.
Before that, it was a 2012 Roush RS3.
But with the GT500, everywhere I and I am sure others have this. We have a target on our cars.
Everybody wants to beat a Shelby, their car is as fast as a Shelby.
Even the Coyote guys are saying, Oh, it's faster than a Shelby, which some are.
But I have never seen a car get so much attention, positive or negative than the GT500.
Most every stop light is someone wanting to Beat a GT500.
It's cool that the car is so popular, but also gets old when others have so much negative to say about a Shelby.
Just had to vent.

Clemson

Established Member
Group,
Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I have had my 13 GT500 for about 9 months now.
But with the GT500, everywhere I and I am sure others have this. We have a target on our cars.
But I have never seen a car get so much attention, positive or negative than the GT500.
It's cool that the car is so popular, but also gets old when others have so much negative to say about a Shelby.
Just had to vent.
Lotta jealous haters in this world.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Truth but most here don't want to play with me. Might be the crazy loud full SW exhaust or the widened wheels with 315 DRs.
Either way, make sure you know how to handle your snake, too many 11s cars with 13s drivers from my GT00 experience.
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
The only guys that try to challenge me are driving jacked up 4 wheel drive pickups. I can't count how many times I have been beaten by these trucks and didn't even know I was racing them.

stanger1

Established Member
Snoopy49,
That is so true. Most of the time, I don't know that it is a "Race"
The Diesel trucks nowdays are surprisingly quick, that's for sure. 6,000 Lb's and they can leave the line hard.
Shelby is still faster.

mavisky

Established Member
Not the case here in the ATL. I have had a few races. Gallardo, CLK63 Black series, C7 Vette, but the only other cars that have tried to race me are the typical douchey lifted diesel truck bro's.

Then again my Shelby is very subdued without stripes so it doesn't scream SHELBY until you're right next to it and some people still don't notice.

Shhhh

Established Member
Not the case here in the ATL.

Same. I've had maybe 2-3 people stop and talk to me about my car in the 4+ years of owning it. Most people don't even seem to notice.

I get someone to wave or nod almost every time I pull my '89 notch out of my garage in NY though. Probably because its rust free hahaha.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
It doesn't seem like that around here. I rarely get messed with and I'm just fine with that. I just enjoy driving the car, shifting gears and listening to the exhaust or some tunes... sometimes I don't even notice what's around me.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I really don't get any cars run up on me anymore. I have had a few GTRs but nothing crazy

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
I rarely get any challenges, especially compared to my previous built KB '02 GT years ago. Everyone seemingly wanted a piece of that. Not so, with my 2010 or 2013.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Truth but most here don't want to play with me. Might be the crazy loud full SW exhaust or the widened wheels with 315 DRs.
Either way, make sure you know how to handle your snake, too many 11s cars with 13s drivers from my GT00 experience.
-J

Hey James,

We are going to have to meet up again sometime.

Maybe do a couple highway pulls to see if the Hellcat can keep up.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Group,
Just had to vent.

Get this all the time. Mercedes SUVs, VW turbo charged, pick up trucks. Alot of times they just want to see you wring it out. Other times they serious think they have a shot. What I like to do is get beside them at a light in the curb lane. Tap the loud peddle a couple of time and just when the light turns green I turn right and watch them make a mad dash across the intersection. Would have been great if a cop was watching.

Clemson

Established Member
I never see anything when Im in the Shelby. But when Im in the beater every d-bag ricer on the planet is out there acting like some kind of hardass in their 150 horsepower civic.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
How did that go with the gtr's. From a dig or roll.

I have raced 2 GTR's the first was a stock 2013 and his license plate Godzilla so I was expecting a fight, But after two runs of me running away from him I moved on lol. The 2nd was a 2009 with full bolt ons and E85, he clammed 660awhp. He asked if I wanted to do a dig and I obviously said no, So we agreed on a 40 roll. I called it off and we were door to door for a few seconds than I started pulling away. we shut down around 140ish and I had 4 to 5 cars on him. we than went and talked for awhile. He said that's the first Shelby he has lost to. I'm sure a built GTR would kill me, but since the KB has been on my car I have yet to lose a race.

36382mm

Established Member
I have raced 2 GTR's the first was a stock 2013 and his license plate Godzilla so I was expecting a fight, But after two runs of me running away from him I moved on lol. The 2nd was a 2009 with full bolt ons and E85, he clammed 660awhp. He asked if I wanted to do a dig and I obviously said no, So we agreed on a 40 roll. I called it off and we were door to door for a few seconds than I started pulling away. we shut down around 140ish and I had 4 to 5 cars on him. we than went and talked for awhile. He said that's the first Shelby he has lost to. I'm sure a built GTR would kill me, but since the KB has been on my car I have yet to lose a race.

Obviously a good call not racing from a dig but nice to hear that you pulled them both but that is a 3.6kb. I bet you would hang with a built one, not an alpha 12 or anything similar. Just test drove a gtr and did a pretty good launch on test drive and I wouldn't want to race from a dig even with 700 rwhp and 315 nt05r on the rears.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Obviously a good call not racing from a dig but nice to hear that you pulled them both but that is a 3.6kb. I bet you would hang with a built one, not an alpha 12 or anything similar. Just test drove a gtr and did a pretty good launch on test drive and I wouldn't want to race from a dig even with 700 rwhp and 315 nt05r on the rears.

Yeah even with my 305 MT SS tires I still can't hook in 1st, but I'm guessing my car is around 800whp. Most cars can't hang with GTR's from a dig. But from a roll they're not as fast as people think IMO and it's not all that likely for you to run into a 1000WHP GTR. I would say my best race with KB setup was my buddies 06 C6Z that has a ERL 454 at 13.1 compression making around 640+whp, we were door to door from 40 to 130ish, we had to shut down early due to traffic. I think I might have gotten him on the topend, but we need to run again and that was before my ARH headers were installed, the headers made a huge difference on my car

Users who are viewing this thread