12wendel12

Established Member
So, I have finally finished swapping in my 2007 GT500 engine into my 2008 v6 shell. Upon putting the key in I had a handful of error codes, a couple were dealing with the PATS system. The red security light on the dash was blinking quickly. I cannot start the vehicle, the car wouldn't even prime the fuel pumps where when you turn the key to the on position you here them push some fuel. We were able to trick the system to get rid of the red security light by wrapping the keys in a wire. The fuel pumps will prime now but still cannot turn the engine over. It also says my doors are ajar and will not let me put the windows down. However, when I open the doors. The windows drop that half inch and when I close them they go back up that half inch.

My question is: will relearning the PATS fix these errors? I have been told I need to relearn the PATS and not doing so can cause other issues, possibly the ones in having with the windows and door ajar messages.

Thanks,
Jacob

Attachments

• Snapchat-1268131249.jpg
    Snapchat-1268131249.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 158

StrayBullitt

Established Member
A dealer should be able to do this for you, they may ask for proof of ownership of the car. I believe a tuning shop with SCT software can also do this for you or disable the PATS.

12wendel12

Established Member
Okay guys, but if I out the gt500 key next to the sensor that is around the ignition barrel and got the red security light in the dash to go away, does that mean a PATS relearn or delete wouldn't be necessary? I should've worded my question to say my main concern isn't the keys, but the fact that my car says both doors are ajar when they are closed and the window buttons do not work despite having power because they move the half inch when I open and close my doors. I talked to the guy I bought the engine kit from, he is going to send me both door wiring harnesses from a gt500 he has coming in this week. He is also not sure what it could be but thought he would send the door harnesses to try to help.

Thanks,
Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread