Gt500 stock heat exchanger better than a aftermarket for a 2003 cobra

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
So has anyone done this. Because I have a bent afco on my car that's not leaking yet but you never know. My buddy upgraded his stock heat exchanger on his 2013 gt500 and asked me if I could use it. So there is the question. I know we would need custom brackets and that's not a problem. So has anyone done this. I would like to save a lot of time trying because right now I can't do anything because of the back surgery I had a few weeks ago.

04svtsnke

Established Member
the stock 2011/12 heat excanger is a dual pass unit thats better than the 03/04 and the '13 is a triple pass unit which is light years ahead of the 03/04.
If you can find one of those, theyd be a good choice too if you're trying to stay OEM.

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
Not that's the answers to my questions I needed about the stock gt500 h/e. Staying oem don't matter if u seen my car but of I don't have to buy a replacement h/e for my car and use the stock H/e off a 2013gt500 and it's a triple pass and would work better than an aftermarket for a 03. And from the looks of the first reply it will fit. So as soon as my back is healed this will be my first project. Oh and he's just giving me his old h/e so I can't beat that.

Last edited:

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
Your not going to beat the killer chiller for Iat's

Sent from Hell

Lmao sent from hell. Your right the kc is the Shit but am just not willing to spend the money on it. I'm just doing as much as I can on a military man's budget. The gt500 he with a few fans on it is much cheaper and should give me great iat. I'm going to data log the afco I have now before I do the switch and will let everyone know how it works. But the size difference should make a good drop

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
I live in hell aka Houston in the summer and the killer chiller was worth every cent. Next mod is a 3 way valve and a more reliable ic pump

Users who are viewing this thread