GT500 spoiler swap from base spoiler?

bobster

Established Member
Has anyone went from the base GT spoiler to a GT500 one? Was wondering if the holes happen to line up the same? It looks the same on the illustration but what are the chances? I know the pedestal spoiler has another row of holes.

GHIG'13

Established Member
Mine lined up perfectly. The double sided tape was a pain to get loose but nothing some heavy duty fishing twine couldn't handle.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
So no drilling and a direct bolt on? that's wonderful to know!

Yep, should be a direct swap if you have the base spoiler. On the other hand if you have CS spoiler it will leave holes that will need to be addressed.

Good luck with your build!

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
I went from the stock blade spoiler to a prepainted GT500 spoiler from American Muscle and it was indeed a direct bolt on. The factory tape/glue used on the stock spoiler was difficult to remove. That took longer to remove than the actual install of the new one. Just remember to keep pressing the GT500 for awhile after installing to give the 3M tape a good adhesion. Also FWIW, the paint matched perfectly.

bobster

Established Member
Good to know, I may be using the Ford accessory GT500 spoiler since I'm a Part's Manager at a Ford dealership but I'm sure the bolt pattern is the same as American Muscle's spoiler. A lot of people don't realize Ford has the Pedestal mount and GT500 spoiler as an accessory add on.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Direct fit.. Take your time removing the 3M. I did it by pushing down on it and rolling it, using itself to remove itself... I took about an hour just to remove the tape but got it all off.
Good Luck
RC

Users who are viewing this thread